CR-V Forum This compact SUV offers the usefulness of an SUV without the steep fuel bill thanks to the efficient yet powerful engine.

2014 CR-V Missing SRS Module

Old 10-17-2016, 01:35 PM
Question 2014 CR-V Missing SRS Module

Hello everyone,

Friends of mine recently purchased a 2014 CR-V from what I can only assume was a 'less that reputable' seller. It was involved in a collision that set off the airbags. From what I can tell they've all been replaced. It had a few minor errors on the dash, in addition to the SRS light. I managed to fix the other problems, but my focus now is on the SRS system. After failing to communicate with the SRS module with two scanners, I decided to inspect it and found that it was missing completely and the connectors were just left unplugged.

My question now is why would they remove the module? My fear is that we get a new one and I plug it in, restore power to the car, turn the key and BAM. Is there any possibility that putting a new module in will deploy the airbags? Could they have remove the module to prevent the airbags from going off when they replaced them? I ask this because I am a DIY shade tree mechanic and don't wish to potentially be liable for this. If it is a risk, I want to let them know prior to it, or find away around it.

Any input is appreciated.