CR-V Forum This compact SUV offers the usefulness of an SUV without the steep fuel bill thanks to the efficient yet powerful engine.

Couple of Hardware Questions...

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2016, 06:01 PM
Question Couple of Hardware Questions...

Hey, so I'm moving with my 99 CRV to Spokane, WA later this summer from Kansas City, and was finalizing how my trip is going to go. I don't have many possessions, so I'm basically just laying down the seats and packing up some clothes and my skis!
The only thing I might have some trouble with is my moped. After going over my options, I think my best bet is to get a hitch and connect a motorcycle tow rack to the back. So my question is basically if anyone here with more experience than myself could let me know if this potential set-up will work:

For the hitch:

Reese Towpower/Trailer Hitch 77164- ReadReviews onReese Towpower #77164

And for the Tow attachment:

Ultra-Tow Aluminum Receiver-Mounted Motorcycle Carrier | Receiver Hitch Cargo Carriers| Northern Tool + Equipment

The scooter is a bit less than 250 lbs, for a total of ~300 lbs hanging off the hitch. So my only concern was that the trailer hitch I linked to said in the description that the tongue weight is 200lbs. I assumed that's the attachment included, while the one I was buying had a weight limit of ~500 lbs.

I hope I'm making sense with my question, if you need more info, just let me know!

Thanks!

Old 06-02-2016, 07:53 AM

Welcome in,I don't see why your set up would not work,but I would have the hitch welded on for safety,I have had a lot of hitches over many years and that is the only way I would go,also you might want to rent a Trailer rather than a carry all unless you will be using it more than this one time. Good luck.