CR-V Forum This compact SUV offers the usefulness of an SUV without the steep fuel bill thanks to the efficient yet powerful engine.

New here, with new 2016 EX-L

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2017, 09:30 PM
Default New here, with new 2016 EX-L

Just popping in to say Hello. I sold my 2008 FJ Cruiser to a Toyota dealer yesterday, then took the train to Anderson Honda in Palo Alto (recommended dealer) and got their last unsold 2016 AWD EX-L.

I had looked hard at the New 2017 Ex-L, with and without Nav, but that chrome and the new turbo 1.5 motor kept me considering the 2016 they had. The clincher was the ridiculous price, with every cent of profit stripped out of the front end of the deal, including holdback, destination and the 1000 mfr to dealer incentive. Smokin' Deal, as they say. Apparently this is the Anderson deal. Lord knows how they make any profit, other than the kibbles and bits generated in Finance and aftermarket crap. (I spent 15 years in the Auto Retail Trade, about 5 of those years as SalesMgr at a Honda store)
The business has changed a lot since I left for other things.

Anyway, nice to get a good price, and all that. But dam, I really like this car, after coming out of the jeepy FJC, it feels like a Bentley to me. Not sure if will go all the places my FJ went over the years, but if it goes most of the places the FJ went, and makes mrs jim happy as a skiing car, then it will be a much more refined road trip and all around SUV type ride.
I took the long way home from the dealer, on a blustery, rainy night, and found the right hand camera really helpful. If it ever stops raining around here, I will spend an hour or two with the owner's manual and the CR-V, exploring all the features.

Anyway, so far my big mods are new all weather floor mats, and installed my Ram Mount phone holder. The integrated blue tooth paired up without drama, so my music library is at hand, along with the Google Nav etc on my Android phone.
Honda makes everything SO easy. Anyway looking forward to a long happy relationship with my new car, and will be hanging around here a bit.
Cheers!

Last edited by moto-rama; 02-09-2017 at 10:02 PM.
Old 02-11-2017, 08:42 AM
Super Moderator

welcome to the forum. nice cr-v.

Old 02-11-2017, 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by acmech52
welcome to the forum. nice cr-v.
Thanks for the greeting!

Old 12-01-2019, 07:55 PM

Google navigation...from your phone...does that work with your Honda display?
or just the phone display..thx

Old 12-04-2019, 04:03 PM

Welcome in,nice ride,like that color.