CR-V Forum This compact SUV offers the usefulness of an SUV without the steep fuel bill thanks to the efficient yet powerful engine.

Warped Rotars?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2015, 03:31 PM
Unhappy Warped Rotars?

I am leasing a 2014 Honda CRV as of January 2015. I have never owned, leased a Honda. When I initially drove the vehicle off the lot, I thought I could hear the breaks grinding and related it to "new vehicle, new car, new brakes". Today I took my vehicle in because the break grinding has worsened and was told that my rotars were warped due to me not driving enough. I leased a vehicle because I do not drive a lot; to date, I only have 1,999 miles on the vehicle. I am being told by Honda that it is my fault that the rotars are warped because the car sits too much. And to fix the problem they will be charging me; this is not covered under warranty.
I could understand if I let the vehicle sit for long periods of time, say months, but I do drive daily, just not a lot. Has anyone had any problems such as this?

Old 04-28-2015, 06:16 PM

I would complain to the manager,thats just crazy,i have heard of driving hot rotors through water but from not driving enough,thats bull.

Old 04-29-2015, 02:26 AM
Super Moderator

welcome to the forum. front rotors or pads do not ware out in 1,999 miles, It is not your fault that the dealer did not change the pads during their inspection. as per bucwheat get a hold of managment.. also make sure you document everything that is going on and has happened since your lease time. rotors ware from hard driving, or sitting at a stop at a take out a long time after the brakes have heated up. car sitting for long periods of time cause less ware and tare than one in heavy use.