General Honda Talk Talk about any general Honda information in here.

Suggestions For Civic Dashboard Phone Mount

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2014, 11:02 AM
Default Suggestions For Civic Dashboard Phone Mount

I've been trying to decide a way to mount a phone up at eye-level for using the GPS. Knowing the way the dash board is, how is the best way to do this without having to damage it in anyway (like drilling holes)? If you have a dash board mount, how is it set up?

I know there is also ones that can be suctioned onto the wind shield but alot of people I've talked to say those are easily knocked off, then sometimes they don't "stick" to the glass very well after.

I figure I can get by with dashboard mount until such time as I can get a vehicle that already has a built-in screen

Old 11-16-2014, 03:40 PM

Try this: get command strips that are used for hanging pictures. Fasten one to the sun visor, and the other to the back of your phone. When you first get in the car, hang it there and flip it out of site when not in use. Flip it down when it rings, open the phone and push the speaker "on". You are now hands free, except if you have to dial out, which you do not need to do unless you pull over! Command strips are easily pulled off when yo no longer need them.

Old 11-16-2014, 07:16 PM

they make mounts that attach to your cd disc slot Robot Check or you can use stick on disc for a suction cup
Amazon.com: Garmin Dashboard Disk -Small, 2-Pack: GPS & Navigation Amazon.com: Garmin Dashboard Disk -Small, 2-Pack: GPS & Navigation