General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

2012 Honda Accord SE Problem After Getting Stuck in Snow

Old 01-24-2015, 04:19 PM
Question 2012 Honda Accord SE Problem After Getting Stuck in Snow

Hey guys. I purchased a 2012 Honda Accord SE back in August with 23,000 miles on it. It's now January and it has 30,000 miles on it.

I live in Buffalo, NY on a busy road where the plows continue to stack snow up at the end of our driveway. I work full time as my girlfriend and I have been keeping up on the snow blowing and shoveling. There was one week though that was very cold, ice storms and snow.Driving into my driveway one day I ended up getting stuck. I tried to go in reverse, stop, then forward, stop and back and forth finding I was stuck. I had to shovel myself out.

Since that day I can almost feel if there is something off with my vehicle now. The air pressure is right, oil just changed today, fluids topped off and correct.

My wheel doesn't shake when holding it and driving and I drive straight so I am not sure if I need an alignment.

The problem I have been noticing is that on some turns it seems like my front tires are slipping. Something feels off I worry I maybe have done something to my transmission because the entire ride seems possibly a little off and not as tight as it usually has been.

Any advice would be great. If somebody may have experienced this issue too please share your insight. I hope I didn't do any serious damage

Old 01-29-2015, 04:20 AM
Super Moderator

welcome to the forum. have you ever had an alignment done to your car, honda does not do an anlighment when the cars comes out of the factory. also have you rotated your tires each 5k miles. you might be getting a mild wobble in your steering wheel. Also if you are slowing down and the steering shakes mild, it could be warped rotors caused from a long trip, hot rotors, and sitting at a stop or drive through with brakes applied.