Honda Accord Forum This popular mid sized car is offered in both a coupe and sedan, mixes performance with versatility.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2015 Accord question...

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2015, 08:05 AM
Question 2015 Accord question...

So I've been going back and forth between different car lines, deciding what price point I want to hit with my new car purchase... I've gone from 2015 Acura TLX, to 2016 Nissan Maxima, to the 2014 (or 2015) Infinity Q50 -currently I'm taking a strong look at the 2015 Accord based on the advice of my brother in law... I actually like the Accord a whole lot however there is something that bothers me and I'm not sure of - see I'm an IT guy and smartphone interface and tech stuff is my passion... it appears that because Honda (and even the other model cars I've looked at) is using a crazy dual touch screen infotainment/nav setup with some very proprietary connections I cannot install a 3rd party/aftermarken head unit in the car... Which means I'm stuck with the factory installed dash system which may or may not be updated with new features and upgrades as time goes on; I've already read that the 2016 Accord will have carplay but it will not be backwards compatible with 2015 models by way of an update - UGH! So my question is, am I missing something? Can Accords really not be upgraded with a 3rd party/aftermarket headunit/nav system? I've spent some time playing with the Accords Nav system and it's not even as full featured as my pioneer Nav from 6 years ago so it worries me if I'm stuck with the OEM installed system. Like I said, I'm an IT guy so tech in my car is of the utmost importance to me.

So what do you guys think? Have you heard of or seen anybody successfully installed an aftermarket headhunt? Is this just not possible with the Accord? Thanks in advance for taking the time to respond