Honda Accord Forum This popular mid sized car is offered in both a coupe and sedan, mixes performance with versatility.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

92 accord trany problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 02:25 PM
Default 92 accord trany problems 92 lx 4dr auto f22 eng.4cyl

i got my accord from my mother when she passed away it was always svc by the dealer.i think the trans fluid was always overfilled.when the dipstick was resting on top of the trans housing it gave a correct reading,but when it was fully inserted it was overfilled.it was like this when i got it had 100k miles on it.i recently changed the fluid & filled it correctly(let me know what you think).2 weeks ago it started to have problems(would stay in 4th,hanging up in 2nd,etc). a few days ago in the morning it didn't shift out of 2nd,but started working ok that afternoon.then it started staying in 2nd(would shift between 1st &2nd if done manually).yeaterday i changed the fluid & put in lucus trans fix.same old problem in the morning,but started working that evening.today its stuck in 2nd.what do you think.i'm on disability & really cannot afford to spend much money otherwise i'll just have to learn how to do without a car.should i go back to overfilling it.any help would be appreciated.thanks

Last edited by rsstevens; 07-02-2010 at 02:38 PM. Reason: add info
Old 07-04-2010, 05:55 PM
Super Moderator

welcome to the forum. using Lucus trans fix is not good, nor is any american made tranny fix. Drain all fluid, flush and putin only honda trans fluid back in. Your trans may be going bad. If the trans worked good with a bit of overfill, do it the same. It could be something simple, wrong with the trans.