Honda Accord Forum This popular mid sized car is offered in both a coupe and sedan, mixes performance with versatility.

Breaks 95 Honda Accord

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2016, 01:18 PM
Default Breaks 95 Honda Accord

Hi y'all I am new this site but need some help. Monday I bought a 95 Manuel Honda accord. It drove fine not including the alignment that it needed. Yesterday I took it to a shop over an hour in a half from me an got an alignment and oils change. As it was at the shop they called me an told me I needed two new tire rods. I told them to go ahead. Once I picked the car up the man told me I need to get two front tires, very soon.
On my drive home once I was going between 60-65 my steering wheel began to shake very aggressive. I called shop back an they said it's because I need tires. I just said ok and left that at that. Well I made it home safe. I parked me car and then left again. Again I parked turned car off ran into the store and came back to my car. When I started it an began to leave I realized I had no breaks! My break fluid I did check is below min. But could that be the reason or could there be more?
Some help would be great! Thanks

Old 03-03-2016, 05:08 AM
Super Moderator

welcome to the forum. check to see if there is a leak near the brake line on both sides, a line may have been disconnected or knicked while having the tie rods changed. on your tires check to see if it has worn to the ware area or if the threads look warped. it may just need a reblance of the tires. If you have a tire shop, they can tell you better.

Old 04-15-2016, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by acmech52
welcome to the forum. check to see if there is a leak near the brake line on both sides, a line may have been disconnected or knicked while having the tie rods changed. on your tires check to see if it has worn to the ware area or if the threads look warped. it may just need a reblance of the tires. If you have a tire shop, they can tell you better.
I'd have to agree, it may have been nicked and you are losing pressure in the lines. If so replace the lines and bleed the brakes. If you never did this in your vehicle up to this point i'd suggest it anyways. Go for some nice braided ones if you plan on keeping this car for a long time.

They could also have not properly balanced the tires so a rebalance could help.

Hope this helped.