Honda Accord Forum This popular mid sized car is offered in both a coupe and sedan, mixes performance with versatility.

Code 9 on 2000 Accord LX. Any help?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2016, 11:52 PM
Default Code 9 on 2000 Accord LX. Any help?

Hello everyone. Im new to the forum and I'm in search of some help. I have a 2000 Honda accord LX with a 2.3 4door i use as a daily driver. It sat for a couple years not being moved and im trying to get it back into good shape to drive to work again. For the first time i started it and drove it, shut it off, then started it and drove again and within a mile i had a CEL come on. Jumped the terminals on the connector by kick panel and i got a code 9. Looked into it and looks like a cylinder position sensor. I found how to check resistance at the distributor and all checked out but like clockwork. i reset it drive it shut it off and then within a mile its back on. seems to run alright just always pops up. So i replaced the distributor and i did a complete tune up on it and same exact thing. now from what im reading, looks like i may need to swap the ecm? My question is, if i swap it with a good working one from ebay or a junk yard, do i have to have it re programmed? I dont have a key with remote start or locks built in, its just a key. I have a key fob on the key ring. And could i be over looking something? Like i said it runs fine, im just afraid i will go to start it after work one day and have a no start conition. Thanks!