Honda Accord Forum This popular mid sized car is offered in both a coupe and sedan, mixes performance with versatility.

HONDA ACCORD 2003 transmission problem?(blown?)

Old 03-15-2015, 08:32 PM
Default HONDA ACCORD 2003 transmission problem?(blown?)

I have 2003 honda accord V6 coupe automatic. I was driving and turned and pressed on the accelerator little harder than normal. Then boom, i heard something go pop. Then i couldnt accelerate anymore, i had to roll it onto side of the road. I put it in park, then i heard some grinding noise, quickly turned it off. Turned it on, put it drive, no luck, not moving, the speedometer moved, but car didn't move. Turned it off in drive then shifted into park. But now the car doesn't start, it makes some twitching noise, but doesn't turn on. I turned the key to ON, but the light shows green light next to Drive and park at the same time. The gear might be stuck in drive, and i can't put it back to park. Even i put the shifter to Park, but i think it's still stuck in drive. So can someone help me what the problem is and why my car stopped starting? Do i need to replace the transmission? I looked up some stuff on the internet, and apparently the transmission in honda accord 2003 is notoriously bad, and i didn't know. Help me what to do? Thank you.Should i replace, or look for a new car?(i just replaced brakes and oil, new tires Frown

Old 12-06-2015, 12:39 AM

Yeah, Honda makes great engines but there transmissions are not so great. Every car company finds a way to sell parts.

Cash for Junk Cars Atlanta - ATL JUNK CARS