Honda Accord Forum This popular mid sized car is offered in both a coupe and sedan, mixes performance with versatility.

Honda Accord 97, Took Out Battery Temporarily now it wont Crank/Start!

Old 07-05-2009, 06:00 PM
Default Honda Accord 97, Took Out Battery Temporarily now it wont Crank/Start!

Ok our Grand Caravan had battery problems and we wanted to eliminate the battery or alternator as the issue so I took out the battery for my accord (factory alarm was disabled at the time) and tried it in the Caravan and did our readings, and realized the wrong battery was put in the Caravan when we bought it. So I put our Honda battery back in and now the car wont start at all!

Its weird because no lights at all come on. The only thing that works is the horn and the emergency lights. Nothing else works. The alarm light isnt flashing, the car doesnt crank at all, its like the whole electrical system is shut down except for the horn and emergency lights. I have been thinking that maybe the alarm system for the car reset when the battery was taken out but wouldn't the car dashboard and radio come on at least (even if the car doesnt start)?

ANyone know what might have caused this? I appreciate you guys help as this is my main car and I got work tommorrow!