Honda Accord Forum This popular mid sized car is offered in both a coupe and sedan, mixes performance with versatility.

Need help with weight reduction

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 08:51 PM
Default Need help with weight reduction

I need help, i have a 92 accord EX 4Dr with a 96 prelude V-Tech 2.2L engine, already got a cold air intake, a spoon chipped P13 ecu, high conductive Tsudo 9.5MM Plug Wires, and full custom 2" egxhaust with high flow cat n Muffler tip, just put Eibach Pro-Kit lowering springs, did a 1.5" drop front/rear, and i figured, ok, if I dont have much money to put into the engine, why put more horsepower off from the engine when i can work with what I got, any tips of any tweaks would be helpful, but im mostly looking if anyone knows if theres any weights or whatever can reduce the weight of the car, like things that are not necessarliy needed for the car to work/drive properly, I figure weight reduction you can get more out of what you already got, thank you....

Old 03-17-2007, 06:26 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Need help with weight reduction

front and rear passenger seat, all windows and put in plexiglass, spare tire, change out metal fuel tank and put in light weight few gallon bladder tank, remove rear glass window and intall plexiglass also, strip off all interior, go to disk on the back if drum, (driver be at weight to height ratio or lighter) steering to aluminum light weight. steel wheels to alloy, drive safely please.