Honda Civic Forum This top selling compact car, offered in both a coupe or sedan, has become popular among people who want economy and performance.

2003 Honda Civic Brake Problem??

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2016, 11:34 PM
Default 2003 Honda Civic Brake Problem??

I have a 2003 Honda civic that was recently wrecked by my husband 😑 After the wreck my car was pulling to the right and my steering wheel had to be held firmly to the left My step dad said my sway bar linkage on one side had broke but I would be fine to drive it still. Well today I notice a significant sway in my front wheels both sides. I pulled over and noticed the wheel at a complete stop was no longer turned towards the left but sitting normal. When I tried to pull out of the gas station it was hard to turn left, and I could feel and hear a noise in the wheels. Continued to try and drive to make it home and the car pulled to the left so hard and completely stopped. No longer moving forward. Reverse was still working I was able to reverse enough to manage to turn the wheel enough to put it back in drive and continue to make my way home. Every light I stopped at proceeding to go the car would pull to the left come to a complete stop not move and as long as I reversed I could eventually get it to go forward. What COULD this be? I was told the linkage, ball joint or tie rod? Any ideas ? Please I am completely in the dark

Old 09-21-2016, 05:46 AM
Super Moderator

welcome to the forum. The safe way is to go to a wheel alignment shop and see what they find, We would be guessing without looking at it, and the alignment shop knows what is not correct. body and fender shops only fix the wreck, they don't want to spend the time and money to send it to an alignment shop to do it correctly.

Old 09-22-2016, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by acmech52
welcome to the forum. The safe way is to go to a wheel alignment shop and see what they find, We would be guessing without looking at it, and the alignment shop knows what is not correct. body and fender shops only fix the wreck, they don't want to spend the time and money to send it to an alignment shop to do it correctly.
Thank you for ur response I took it to a shop to look at it and my tie rod bolt had came off and disconnected from the bracket

Old 09-23-2016, 04:43 AM
Super Moderator

you should still get a wheel alignment to help not ware your tires prematurely.

Old 09-25-2016, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by acmech52
you should still get a wheel alignment to help not ware your tires prematurely.
I am planning to get one on this Tuesday, After changing the tie rod on the passenger side it no longer forces the car to a stop and tries to turn left. But now the same present problem b4 the tie rod separated is present. My car is trying to turn to the right, I have to hold my steering wheel and my wheel is a lil off since it is trying to turn right. Could this be the alignment thrown off

Old 09-29-2016, 02:05 AM

if the impact was strong enough to damage your tie rod then you mite have bent other components like strut arm,ball joint,hub assembly,control arm. if they replaced the tie rod then they would have had to do a front end alignment. they didn't do your alignment ???

Old 10-07-2016, 08:55 PM

I agree,let a front end man check it out.