Honda Civic Forum This top selling compact car, offered in both a coupe or sedan, has become popular among people who want economy and performance.

Need Civic Help?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2006, 01:23 PM
Administrator
Default Need Civic Help?

Havent found the answer that youre looking for here? Check out our other site:
www.HondaCivicForum.com

Old 02-07-2009, 08:08 AM
Question Honda Civic 1983/84 model(second generation of civic)

Hi..Im Ben and i drive a Honda Civic 1983/84 model (second generation of civic). My problem is, my new engine.. when the engine running, i heard a quite noise sound in my engine belting cover.. Before i replace the new engine, i found that belting cover is damage because the pulley and cover was rub each other..but, after i trimmed the cover, i still can hear that sounds..can u give me some tips or what to solve my car problem?

Old 03-15-2009, 05:36 AM

hi im danny just recently bought honda civic 2.2 ctdi sports nice car.but im having a problem looking for a fuelflap cover because the ones that come with these cars are pretty naff.can you help

Old 04-08-2009, 05:18 PM

hi im dan and i have a crx and i think the torque is broken.

Old 04-11-2009, 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by Patrick
Havent found the answer that youre looking for here? Check out our other site:
www.HondaCivicForum.com

Hit v tec on your computer

Old 05-20-2009, 01:31 PM
Default my green thumb

Originally Posted by beneleane
Hi..Im Ben and i drive a Honda Civic 1983/84 model (second generation of civic). My problem is, my new engine.. when the engine running, i heard a quite noise sound in my engine belting cover.. Before i replace the new engine, i found that belting cover is damage because the pulley and cover was rub each other..but, after i trimmed the cover, i still can hear that sounds..can u give me some tips or what to solve my car problem?
Take a piece of garden hoes cut it off about three feet long put one end to your ear and the other were you want to listen thes helps pin point were the noise is DONT LIT IT GET CAUGHT IN THE BELTS

Old 05-20-2009, 01:37 PM
Default trixs are for handas

Originally Posted by chRiS BlunTZ
hey wuts up my names chris and i have a 91 crx hf (at)....i want to do a complete swap (engine,tranny,susp,exhaust,etc...) but i cant decide what motor that i should use...right now im debating between a b16a,b18c, and a k20....i am lookin to spend around $6000 for everything...i also want to supercharge the engine thats why im thinking about a k20...idk help me out...thx
Thats not allot of a budget. my opineon go by a somewhat run douwn Acura LS with the b18 you will have the motor tranny and rear disc brake essembly then you should have enough to get a few other items such as complete turbo system pistons and cams (i wouldnt supercharge it)PS: dont ask what it takes to put it in im trying to figur that out myself

Old 05-20-2009, 01:39 PM
Default Need input

Originally Posted by ricersforlife
hi im dan and i have a crx and i think the torque is broken.
Are you talking about the torque converter

Old 06-16-2009, 10:51 PM
Super Moderator

bad idea. dont go as big as a k20 and you should really look into the b16 ive seen it done and it doesnt screw with the weight balancing in the front. as for the super charger, boo! superchargers take power from the engine to deliver power, as for turbos they generate power from the heat. you would get more horsepower as well as torque (which is what most people use superchargers for) if you went with a turbo. if you dont like the loud burst of air noise go with i silent BOV.

Old 08-06-2009, 02:29 AM
Default question, plz help

I have a question. Can i put a b16 or b18 head on a d16y5 block or is it
not worth it? Should i just invest in a swap or just do some internal upgrades
in the internals (rockers, cam, bore, rings and whatnot) of my engine? FYI i have a 99 civic HX, head code P2J.

Thanks

Quick Reply: Need Civic Help?