Honda Civic Forum This top selling compact car, offered in both a coupe or sedan, has become popular among people who want economy and performance.

Need Civic Help?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 01:59 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 99Civic-D16Y5
I have a question. Can i put a b16 or b18 head on a d16y5 block or is it
not worth it? Should i just invest in a swap or just do some internal upgrades
in the internals (rockers, cam, bore, rings and whatnot) of my engine? FYI i have a 99 civic HX, head code P2J.

Thanks

no you cant.. you can mix and match different B series heads and blocks but you cant take the bseries head to another series of motor..

Old 08-06-2009, 02:02 PM
Super Moderator

sorry i left this part out. you have the D16Y5 if you want to keep the block you have a ZC DOHC head will match up but i would suggest just doing the whole swap.. welcome to the forums and if you have anymore question post them in the civic section of the forums.

Old 08-20-2009, 04:19 PM
Default NEED STOCK INTERIOR PARTS 95 civic DX

need stock dash for 95 civic dx as well as centerconsole and ceiling trim any ideas

Old 01-01-2010, 04:26 PM
Thumbs down

Hi my name is Arthur, I just recently replaced my whole brake wireing harness. My problem is that their was a switch i had to hook to the clutch. Which when I did finally hook it up my running/taillights didnt work neither do my brake lights although my blinkers and reverse do work. Before i got tht wire hooked up my running/taillights, blinkers and reverse all worked but now the running/taillights dont work or brakelights. I replaced ALL the fuses that are in the fuse box. How do I get my lights to work?

Old 01-20-2010, 04:26 PM
SAL

http://www.wheelsnext.com/wheels-tir...k%20Gloss.html

would these rims fit on my 2010 Civic LX-S?

Old 06-06-2010, 03:33 AM

i am have a civic 99-00 model, i want mod to 09-10 how to do ?

Last edited by nirvana; 06-29-2010 at 04:50 AM.
Old 06-14-2010, 09:49 PM
Exclamation My 91 4dr sedan 1.5 LX Wheel bearing and steering are wiped. Please help.

So I'm driving and I turn down my radio on the parkway to hear the front right side screaming and smoking as the wheel started shaking at about 70 mph pretty well, so I slowed down, let it cool, and now i get constant shaking, scraping, and noise, from this side. also, along with the tie rod assembly that's wiped out as well to the same side on the right......so the wheel wanders a bit anyway............but I need help bad. please tell me what to do , where to get it cheap, and ill put that all in to get precise steering and good bearings on both sides. I might as well right>? but from who. new suspension kit? hub, bearing, control arms, bushings, ? Can I DO THIS MYSELf? I 've got a full set of tools, ramps, jacks, etc to get the job done but......:-( that nut on the front doesnt look fun either. heat it up with my torch? IDK. Help. Thanks.

Old 06-15-2010, 01:18 AM
Super Moderator

welcome to the forum. Best way to go If you want to save money and learn on your car, go to the salvage yard that has the same model car you have and take that one apart for parts on yours. Then work your car, also get a service manual to help you out.

Old 06-26-2010, 01:33 AM

Honda civic there are a some problem about a engine,when car stated some noise sound in my engine belting cover as for the super charger, boo! superchargers take power from the engine to deliver power, as for turbos they generate power from the heat,before real-pacing a engine you go to work-shop and know what problem occur then you change it.

Old 08-31-2010, 10:36 AM
Default sound in front driver-side

Hi guys, recently i had a wobbling in my front end... brought it to a shop and they replaced the hub bearings in both sides, after doing so my car developed a squeaking/grinding sound. my breaks were pulsating as well. i replaced my half shaft and got new break pads and roaters, but the noise hasnt gone away. it was only when i stopped but now its when im turning. its embaressing. it started as a squeak or bird chirp sound. then it turned into a pulsating grinding with the squeak.... any ideas? it still makes noise, but the pulsating break went away.

Quick Reply: Need Civic Help?