Odyssey Forum This minivan is among the class leaders thanks to its roomy interior and powerful engine offerings.

06 Odyessy, Replacing Center Rollers.

Old 10-12-2014, 04:22 PM
Default 06 Odyessy, Replacing Center Rollers.

The driver's side power sliding door doesn't work right. It jams and has to be helped when opening and closing.

I removed the side cover that covers the center rail on both the right and left side sliding doors. The rollers on the bad side are faulty.

I checked my Bishko Honda service manual. It makes no mention of these rollers. The manual does show a picture of them though.

My question: How difficult is it to change the roller/bracket assembly?

It appears that if I support the rear portion of the door with a jack of some sort and remove the circlip and pin of the hinged center roller bracket it should be fairly easy to replace.

Any comments, advice and suggestion would be greatly appreciated

Old 11-01-2014, 03:34 PM

Had the same problem once on my 2000 Honda Odyssey. The roller assembly has three rollers on it and two of them are actually made out of plastic. The plastic ones had broken. I ordered a replacement roller assembly from my local Honda dealership and then followed a youtube video for instructions. It went very smoothly and I wish I had replaced it sooner. I think I used a couple blocks of wood to hold up the door while I was replacing the roller assembly. Here is a video link for you:
Hope it goes well for you!