How to Remove and Reinstall the Centre Console on a '07 Fit
What's going on guys,
My brother asked me to help him remove the centre console on his Fit so that he can replace it with a carbon fibre unit. While it didn't suit my personal taste, I fulfilled my fraternal duties and happily obliged
Here's the procedure for removing and installing the centre console on a '07 Fit:
1) Remove the parking brake cover lid.
2) On M/T models, remove the shift **** by unscrewing it.
3) Remove the center console (A) by removing the screws (B), and clips (C).
4) Lift the rear of the console up to detach the clip (D), and pull the console rearward to release the front hook (E) from the heater unit.
5) Disconnect the accessory socket connector (F), and if equipped, auxiliary jack connector (G).
**Centre console removal**
1) Install the console in the reverse order of removal, and note these items:
Check if the clips are damaged or stress-whitened, and if necessary, replace them with new ones.
Make sure the wire harness is not pinched.
Make sure each connector is plugged in properly.
Set the rib (H) under the pocket onto the parking brake lever bracket (I) correctly.
Honda and the Honda marquee are registered trademarks of the American Honda Motor Company, Inc. Neither American Honda Motor Company nor its subsidiaries or affiliates shall bear any responsibility for HondaForum.com content, comments, or advertising. HondaForum.com is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Company in any way. American Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.