Honda Civic Forum This top selling compact car, offered in both a coupe or sedan, has become popular among people who want economy and performance.

what to use on plastic interior (ie. dashboard) for cleaning?

Old 10-04-2010, 04:29 PM
Default what to use on plastic interior (ie. dashboard) for cleaning?

I've been reading some articles and I hear people say not to use armor-all because it will make it shiny, and I kinda agree since the interior of my 2010 honda civic is not shiny (more dull) to begin with. What would be the best product to use on this to keep it clean and protected?

And what do I use to clean the glass covering the speedometer and tachometer? Is damp cloth enough? Or could I use "Invisible Glass" which I use on my windows.

Thanks.

Old 10-05-2010, 10:16 AM
Old 10-07-2010, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by vampazn
I've been reading some articles and I hear people say not to use armor-all because it will make it shiny, and I kinda agree since the interior of my 2010 honda civic is not shiny (more dull) to begin with. What would be the best product to use on this to keep it clean and protected?

And what do I use to clean the glass covering the speedometer and tachometer? Is damp cloth enough? Or could I use "Invisible Glass" which I use on my windows.

Thanks.
There are many different products on the market that are designed for these purposes and I have tried several. I'm sure other will chime in with their "product of choice." However, for the past three years or so, I have been using 303 Aerospace Protectant. It has UV protection up to about 30 or 40 and doesn't leave a shiny appearance-more of a matt finish. I don't use anything on the clear covering for the instrument panel as this area tends to scratch very easily. I wipe it with a water dampened 100% microfiber towel when there is dust that can be seen, but otherwise, I leave it alone.

Good luck!