Pilot Forum This mid sized SUV offers the towing capacity of a small truck, with the interior room of an SUV.

AC status indicator not working right

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2013, 09:08 AM
Default AC status indicator not working right

Hi all. I'm new to the forum!

Long time Honda owner. We recently bought a 2013 Honda Pilot and one weird thing I notice is that when you first start up the car, these dash indicators "AUTO, AC/ON, A/C OFF" are all OFF. Meaning you don't don't know what the status is. This was most aggravating in the summertime, when I'd start the car. I would turn the A/C button since I want it on, but it turns off. That's because it was already on, but the button was not lit up!

I've enclosed this image to explain better. Once you turn on the A/C or turn it off, the indicators will show status function like it should. Even when you turn the car off and turn it back on in a short period of time. Works fine.

It seems to only happen when the car has been off for a longer time. Can anybody else with this year check theirs and see if it happens this way? If it's a problem, I want to get it fixed before my warranty expires. Thanks!

Attached Thumbnails AC status indicator not working right-2013-honda-pilot-dash.jpg  
Old 08-03-2014, 01:18 PM

you should consult with Scott . Scott was very professional and helps you with anything you need quickly .

1-855-393-4385
CALL NOW?

Old 08-04-2014, 01:44 PM

Thanks. But I eventually had someone look at it from the dealer and they said it works fine. It's the way the Auto climate controls work. When you have it on auto, the controls look a certain way. Then if you change anything such as fan speed, it is essentially moving into manual mode. But the controls still are all blank. Very poor ergonomic design.