Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic... just about anything goes.

SCCA Colorado Rallycross

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2014, 10:08 AM

It's about that time again. Time to wash off all the dust from PPIR and start looking towards the next double weekend RallyCross event starting with NEXT Saturday August 16th which will be held at the upper track of CORE. The following event will be the next weekend at USTDS on Sunday the 24th. For those of you haven't noticed, the CORE event was moved in April from this being this weekend to next weekend, this was due to the CHCA scheduling their Lands End event on the same weekend as ours. So we didn't want you guys having half of the safety stewards and no one to register you.

So as always, get on over to the registration page and get ready for the continued push through the season

Old 08-18-2014, 09:24 AM

The Next big install to this month’s back to back weekends of dirt tossing will be held at the US Truck Driving School (USTDS) just South of PPIR in Fountain Colorado on SUNDAY! SUNDAY! SUNDAY! August 24th. Registration is currently open and prices are still just 40 (and 50) buuucks! BE THERE!

Old 09-10-2014, 09:58 AM

"Hey Everybody!" Fall is here and so is our 3rd to last local event which will be held at Colorado Off Road Extreme on Saturday September 20th. All of the other usual stuff like "way to go guys", "thanks for every ones help", "Peter and Will need to slow down", "Don't forget to register", "The National Championships is just around the corner", and "hope to see you all out in the dust on the 20th" still apply.

Old 10-10-2014, 01:33 PM

With the 2014 National Championships wrapped up that can only mean one thing, the Colorado RallyCross series is reaching its penultimate round of the 2014 season. The season has been a great one with many fought battles, broken parts, exciting new ones, great friendships gained, and victorious wins amongst the average 54 drivers per event and 435 total entries throughout the season who got to have their chance at competing on a average of 7 runs per event. There was also an average of 15 new drivers at each event, assuming that only new drivers don't have a SCCA membership, so a big thank you goes out to each and every one of you for making everyone's past efforts worth wild and helping ensure there will still be a strong Colorado program in the future.

Speaking of Colorado's strong program, congratulations to Aaron, Dan, Don, Jake, Joseph, Jake, Peter, Tim and Will this past weekend at Nationals! And thank you to the 24 brave Colorado dirt kickers who made it out to give our group another massive showing.

Our next and 2nd to last event of the season will be held at the back lots of PPIR on Sunday October 19th. As with the tradition over the last few years, we will be having a mixed surface between tarmac and gravel. So let the great tire choice debate begin. As always pre-registration is currently open at ColoradoRallyCross.org and will remain as such until the evening of Thursday the 16th. If you end up missing out on the pre-registration then don't worry, you can still register onsite the morning of the event. And if you haven't had a chance to come out to play with us yet this will be a great chance to get yourself hooked and wanting more when the 2015 season starts up in March.

Thank you again to all of the hard working people who've made this year a success and we hope to have everyone back out not only for these last 2 events but the many more that will follow in the coming years.

Old 10-22-2014, 04:05 PM

It’s that time of the year again where like Semisonic once said it’s “Closing time, Time for you to go out to the places you will be from. So gather up your jackets, move it to the exits I hope you have found a friend. Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.” This has been another amazingly fast year filled with lots of competitions between old rivals and new ones causing all sorts of shifts in the leader boards, fun filled days with old friends and frustrating days where nothing seems to click. This year also saw the first new site to the CO-RX line up since PPIR joined the map many years ago at Rocky Mountain AutoSports no longer secrete test track. But don’t worry all good things aren’t at an end just yet, we still have 1 more event on Saturday November 1st at Colorado Off Road Extreme. So as you know, registration is already open and get ready to send this year off with a bang!

On a side note, this will also be my last full year as Series Chairman since I took the program over from Ryan Gates back in the summer of 2011. I would like to thank everyone for their patience during the steep learning curve in the 1st year as well as all of the continued help from people like Haenny, Kilpatrick, Adams, the Millers, Lightfoot, Genack and Zlamany who never had to be asked but simply saw gaps that needed to be filled and took care of it. There are many reasons I don’t want to let the program go and it’s been a tough decision but one that I’ve been considering for the past year and a half simply from being too worn out from being on site at 6am to setup course, falling into the drivers meeting, to Safety then a brief hour of playtime while scarfing down my lunch so I can have the course turned around just in time before going back to safety, packing it all up and hopefully being gone by 5:30 or 6, then the endless of other weekly items that come up in between events. With that said I’d like to start looking for my replacement(s) as Series Chairman, Course Designer, Safety Steward, “Webmaster” as well as someone other than Haenny/Tommy/Myself as the equipment manager/bus driver. While many people come to mind I would prefer that someone volunteer because those are the ones who have the biggest passion for the group. I would also like to ask that they do so before the beginning of next season, that way instead of me just handing it all over and walking away I could at least be there to help my successor through a full season.

Last edited by ryolse; 10-23-2014 at 08:12 AM.
Old 01-12-2015, 10:26 AM

As of now the Nationals date is officially unofficial, meaning date and site are known but contracts aren't signed until later this month. Unfortunately after many talks we've lost the RMA site and I'm sure most of you know and understand why. PPIR is signed and booked, and while CORE is also set there will be some adjustments once USTDS gets back with me. Once USTDS does get back with me then it's just a matter of telling CORE the adjusted dates, getting paper work from both sites and pushing it off to the fine folks in Kansas to give us our official approval, then the schedule will be released to the masses.

In other news, mark your calendars for Sunday February 15th at 3pm for the awards party which will be held at the Waterton Tavern in Roxborough. Everyone is invited regardless if they've never been to an event or just seem to never go away. It'll be a buffet styled food trough and will be priced around $10-$15 per person which will be collected the day of, drinks will also be paid for on your own. A more "formal" reminder will be going out to those who have hardware to pick up from their dedicated work during the 2014 season.

Old 02-04-2015, 10:16 PM

Greatings to all of you dusty nuts, time to take the covers off your cars because the 2015 Colorado hosted event Schedule is now posted! Please note that I said "Colorado Hosted events", that's because if I were to tell anyone the location and date of the National Championship site I would behanged, drawn and quartered and what's left of undestroyed limbs would be placed on display at all of the National Challenge sites to make a point you don't break their rules. I can tell you that it will officially, unofficially take place in August. Also, as of right now the Continental Divide Region (CDR) National Challenge site will be hosted by our neighbors in Utah at either Miller Motorsports Park or in Grand Junction. Yes you read correctly the Utah hosted event might take place in Grand Junction Colorado, don't ask. Once more information on both of these National events is available it will announced both here, Facebook, all of the normal forums "we're" on and the schedules will also be adjusted.

Also just a reminder the awards party is coming up fast on Sunday February 15th at 3pm which will be held at the Waterton Tavern in Roxborough. Everyone is invited regardless if they've never been to a event or just seem to never go away, all ages are also invited however you must be 21 or older to enjoy the "adult" drinks. It'll be buffet styled food and will be priced around $10-$15 per person which will be collected the day of, drinks will also be paid for on your own. A more "formal" reminder has gone out to those who have hardware to pick up from their dedicated work during the 2014 season. The addresses were used from your most recent pre-registration, so if you haven't received one by now then it's a good hint you should update your information next year when you pre-register for events.

As always check out www.ColoradoRallyCross.org or our Facebook Group Page

Old 03-09-2015, 06:24 PM

I hope you have all had a great winter off and are excited for the 2015 Colorado RallyCross season which is just days away. The season kicks off with the Test-N-Tune/School day on Saturday March 21st followed by the first point’s event on Sunday March 22nd. Registration is currently open on our website for the first point’s event, and please go to our Facebook event page if you wish to attend the school as a student and select “going”.

Last edited by ryolse; 03-09-2015 at 06:29 PM.
Old 05-09-2016, 09:10 AM

It's time to finally warm up and get out of this cold snowy weather. And what better way to do so then in the company of friends, sideways cars and rooster tails? The next event is coming up quick and will be held on the lower course at CORE this coming Sunday! So go get your preregistration on to help you and us save time from doing paper work that could be spent hanging out with friends and doing course walks.