General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Scam to share! Look out!

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 09:31 AM
Default Scam to share! Look out!

I was joining the PIE jam and it happened that i was the last car to join the jam. I was slowing down when a car ram me from the back. The impact which me to jerk forward to hit the front car. Fortunately no one was hit in this accident. Suddenly, i saw a Toyata Wish which was in front of us, pull to the left and walked over to us. He started talking away and assure us that he will settle everything for us. I asked him who he is and why is he involved in this? He claimed he saw the whole thing and then started to offer towing services to his work shop! I immediately stopped him and said i'll be driving to Kah Motor and be claiming myself. Then he said agent will take a long time and the payment will still be from our own policy. I paid no attention to him and started to take down both parties particulars. After that, i drove to Kah Motor.

Come to think of it, this guy might be the one to jam brakes and hoping to cause an accident so he will have business! He managed to tow the front vehicle and for all we may know, he's repairing the car now. I'll inform my insurance company about this tomorrow and hopefully, get the police involve in this scam (if true). Anyway, this guy is called Sky, Company name is "HIAP LEK Automobile trading"

I'm writing this to warn everyone about this. I might be wrong about him but i'll let the legal people to deal with him. Meanwhile, always go back to your authorised agent to repair your vehicle. I had heard alot of cases that after repair, insurance company refuses to pay for it simply because the shop is not their authorised workshop.

Pls share this unfortunate incident to as many people as possible....

Old 11-10-2007, 01:21 PM
Default RE: Scam to share! Look out!

where did this happen???

Old 12-09-2007, 05:37 PM
Banned
Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]