Go Back   The unofficial Honda Forum and Discussion Board Forums For Honda automobile and motorcycle enthusiasts. > Honda Automobiles > Honda Accord Forum
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Old 09-19-2013, 10:41 AM

Default 93 Accord Getting Hot

Hey, I'm new to this forum but know a bit about my honda. I have a recent issue that I am trying to get figured out. Any help someone can give would be great.

Recently the 1993 Accord I have began to run hot. The first thing I replaced was the thermostat. Next, I did some checking and found out that it has 2 sensors (on in the thermostat housing and one on the head). I wasn't sure if it was a sensor issue or not so I started cheap to begin to eliminate smaller problems first. I replaced both sensors and it still ran hot.

The next thing I replaces was the radiator and both upper and lower hoses.

After that I began to realize that my fan would not kick on when the vehicle began to get hot. I found the Radiator Fan Timer Module under the dash and got a junkyard replacement part. Once I plugged in the new part, the fans came on for about 5 seconds and then went off never to come back on during operation of the motor.

HOWEVER, once the car is off and the key is out of the ignition for 10-15 seconds, the fans kick on. If I put the key in the ignition and turn it to the ACC, the fans stop.

SO, here's the question(s): Anyone ever had this issue before? Is there anything I am overlooking? Can you get at New Radiator Fan Timer Module because I can't seem to locate one in a parts store? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on HondaForum!
Old 09-19-2013, 10:41 AM

Tags
97, accord, honda, hot