The unofficial Honda Forum and Discussion Board Forums For Honda automobile and motorcycle enthusiasts.

The unofficial Honda Forum and Discussion Board Forums For Honda automobile and motorcycle enthusiasts. (https://hondaforum.com/forum/)
-   CR-V Forum (https://hondaforum.com/forum/cr-v-forum-13/)
-   -   2007 2.2 CRV hesitating. (https://hondaforum.com/forum/cr-v-forum-13/2007-2-2-crv-hesitating-16932/)

CRV-lover 09-21-2023 07:08 AM

2007 2.2 CRV hesitating.

Hi Everyone. I have a 2007 2.2 ICDTI CRV and when cruising along any road, if my foot is barely on the accelerator, the car seems to hesitate/"stutter". When i press accelerator harder, it goes away. Car takes long to pick up speed to overtake.
I've researched a lot of sources and it seems it is most probably the TPS (throttle position sensor). Here's the problem : i cannot find a TPS anywhere in south africa, and Honda dealership says it cannot be bought separate, but is part of the
the Valve assembly (throttle body) at a price of R9000.
Anyone any advice on places i can shop at, or anything else? Maybe it is NOT the TPS?

avisitor 09-21-2023 07:26 AM

Have you tried cleaning the throttle body and IACV??

CRV-lover 09-21-2023 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by avisitor (Post 43131)
Have you tried cleaning the throttle body and IACV??

I cleaned the throttle body with special Sensor cleaning spray, didnt take it off to clean, on-car clean only.
What is the IACV?

grcauto 09-21-2023 09:22 AM

You need to put a good scan tool on it and see what's going on. Could be simple or could be you need a new throttle body. The dealer just shoots from the hip and hopes to hit the moon.

CRV-lover 09-21-2023 09:58 AM

Ai ya yai!! A new throttle body is more than half my salary!!!!! 😱 Im looking for used part for now.
But it seems to be the way to go. Will put an update here when i have news

grcauto 09-21-2023 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by CRV-lover (Post 43135)
Ai ya yai!! A new throttle body is more than half my salary!!!!! 😱 Im looking for used part for now.
But it seems to be the way to go. Will put an update here when i have news

What happens if the new one is no better. You will be forced to test things. Should do it first.

avisitor 09-21-2023 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by CRV-lover (Post 43132)
I cleaned the throttle body with special Sensor cleaning spray, didnt take it off to clean, on-car clean only.
What is the IACV?

The IACV is idle air control valve. Usually attached to the throttle body.
Does your engine runs on diesel? Could be low fuel pressure? Or clogged injectors?

Try a bottle of fuel injector cleaner?????

CRV-lover 09-27-2023 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by avisitor (Post 43142)
The IACV is idle air control valve. Usually attached to the throttle body.
Does your engine runs on diesel? Could be low fuel pressure? Or clogged injectors?

Try a bottle of fuel injector cleaner?????

Ahhh i see, thank you. I will clean it this upcoming weekend and see if it helps.
I have used injector cleaner before, also took them out, cleaned THOROUGHLY and replaced back. No change.
I am leaning towards faulty/worn out fuel pump as well.