The unofficial Honda Forum and Discussion Board Forums For Honda automobile and motorcycle enthusiasts.

The unofficial Honda Forum and Discussion Board Forums For Honda automobile and motorcycle enthusiasts. (https://hondaforum.com/forum/)
-   CR-V Forum (https://hondaforum.com/forum/cr-v-forum-13/)
-   -   2013 Compass Flashing (https://hondaforum.com/forum/cr-v-forum-13/2013-compass-flashing-12331/)

lrodptl 11-22-2017 04:54 PM

2013 Compass Flashing

The compass direction is flashing with the letters cal beside it. ie SSE cal. Any idea what it's asking me to do? Thanks.

lrodptl 11-26-2017 01:38 PM

Start car. Presss setup and hold til calibration comes up. Scroll to start calibration and push select knob. Drive slowly in 2 small circles. Voila,no more flashing. Thanks google!

bucwheat 12-03-2017 02:59 PM

Thanks for sharing.

Chester1001 06-17-2018 01:57 PM

Mine never stops calibrating. I have done the manual calibration and it still won't stop flashing. Any other ideas on how to fix this?

gregavi 03-21-2019 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by lrodptl (Post 29378)
Start car. Presss setup and hold til calibration comes up. Scroll to start calibration and push select knob. Drive slowly in 2 small circles. Voila,no more flashing. Thanks google!

What do I do if when I press and hold the setup button, the Clock Setup comes up and will not change to any other menu (Calibration/Zone)?

adpinc 01-16-2020 12:59 PM

setup button doesn't enter compass menu

Hi, I have the same "compass won't cal issue." I have a 2013 CR-V LX, and I was told it was the compass module. I just replaced it with a new factory compass module above the headliner at the rear of the vehicle (way easier than I expected BTW).

I fully expected it to work.

When I press and hold the big "setup" button, it never enters the compass cal mode. It shows the basic audio menu, so I believe the button works fine, unless there is a DIFFERENT setup button I am supposed to push.

I held the darn thing for a full minute, and it never entered. I doubt that is correct behavior.

My local Honda dealer wanted me to spend $600 replacing a compass module that cost under $100 bucks new, and took me all of 10 minutes to swap out.

Anyone see this problem? I'm hoping there is an obvious reason.

gregavi 01-17-2020 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by adpinc (Post 34644)
Hi, I have the same "compass won't cal issue." I have a 2013 CR-V LX, and I was told it was the compass module. I just replaced it with a new factory compass module above the headliner at the rear of the vehicle (way easier than I expected BTW).

I fully expected it to work.

Can you please update us when you get a chance to verify that replacing the compass module did the trick.

adpinc 01-17-2020 12:36 PM

No, it didn't. I now suspect it is the "setup" button on my center console. When I press and hold the setup button, it goes straight to the standard setup menu, and does not switch to the compass menu. I'm guessing there is a defect with the actual button where it is not recognizing that it is still being held down. Now I think the original module is good, so i returned the new one until I can get that setup button working.

gregavi 01-17-2020 04:22 PM

That's disappointing. I'm surprised the place you bought the new one from is allowing you to return it. Most places don't allow electronic parts to be returned. Where did you buy it from?

adpinc 01-17-2020 06:13 PM

Without being specific, a big online reseller that begins with an A. I can return anything. It was still new and unused.