CR-V Forum This compact SUV offers the usefulness of an SUV without the steep fuel bill thanks to the efficient yet powerful engine.

Where's a good place to buy used Honda parts?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2018, 06:52 AM
Default Where's a good place to buy used Honda parts?

I bought a used CR-V (2014) and noticed one of the rear wheel wells is missing a part, leaving a hole. I've tried to upload a pic, bit it says it doesn't support my jpeg. wtf?

Without this piece, the rear fender kind of flaps around- it's not as stable as the other fender. I went to Honda and a new replacement is almost $200. I've checked local auto yards and no one has any new Hondas to part out. Anything online?

Thanks-

fp

Old 03-09-2018, 12:06 PM
Super Moderator

welcome to the forum. to find parts i need, i go to ebay and look under honda parts, look for honda parts that have a big salvage yard selling them, then write to the salvage yard for what you are looking for. many times they have them in the salvage yard. also there is a site on google that finds parts you need, when you enter the part you need, it goes to many salvage yards and they will respond with the part, the cost, and location in us. hope this helps a bit.

Old 03-10-2018, 03:46 AM

Originally Posted by acmech52
welcome to the forum. to find parts i need, i go to ebay and look under honda parts, look for honda parts that have a big salvage yard selling them, then write to the salvage yard for what you are looking for. many times they have them in the salvage yard. also there is a site on google that finds parts you need, when you enter the part you need, it goes to many salvage yards and they will respond with the part, the cost, and location in us. hope this helps a bit.
Thanks for the response and welcome. I took it to the dealer a few days ago to try and figure what was going on about the hole in the mudflap/fender whatchamacallit, and he determined that the hole was from having the hitch put on- they had to modify the rear end (taking off the large piece of plastic that covers the bottom of the rear), and in doing so, they modded the fender flap as well. I was able to strengthen the fender using a piece of plastic I had lying about.

I appreciate your answer, and may use the advice later on down the road, so to speak.