CR-V Forum This compact SUV offers the usefulness of an SUV without the steep fuel bill thanks to the efficient yet powerful engine.

CRV Negotiated Price

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2018, 10:23 AM
Default CRV Negotiated Price

Hi! New to this forum as I am thinking of purchasing a 2018 CRV. I have a 2005 CRV which I adore, but it is time to upgrade. I have also been looking at the Subaru Forester. On their forum new owners can post the details of the prices they paid. I was unable to find that on this forum. Could be I missed it. If not, let's start that.

Old 03-01-2018, 09:25 AM

Welcome in,the variables on the prices may be to much to get any true advantage, unless the owner would post a window sticker with actual price for comparison. Then you would depend on people Putting in info for it to work. Not a bad idea but maybe our Supermod can help with that.

Old 03-05-2018, 04:46 PM

I am trying to decide between the CRV and the Subaru Forester, so I have been lurking on the Subaru site which does have a thread on "what I paid". They include the MSRP, the INVOICE price and the deal before any coupons, taxes, title and tags. Of course the type of car and any extras would need to be included also. Loads of good info on that site.

Old 03-16-2018, 03:50 PM
Default 2018 crv

Just brought our 2018 Touring CRV home today.

I first shopped stores in my small coastal Georgia city and was not impressed. One finally offer me invoice price and none of the stupid , overpriced add-ons they all seem to try and force on you - nitrogen air in tires, mud flaps, paint sealer, extended warranties, etc.

I went a bit further away - 35 miles to another state - and just offered them invoice with no add-ons and it was a done deal. I know they made 3% on the hold back and I thought it was fair.

They made a mistake that they couldn't reverse - the prep team did the paint sealer and added mud flaps before the sales person could stop them. Bonus for me.

I did a tire swap because the Hankook "Kinergy" tires are very poor. I gave back the OEMs, bought my own replacements from Tirerack , had them drop shipped to the Honda store and they did not charge me for the mount/balance. Probably a bit of profit for them - but I did get the paint and flaps - figure one offsets the other.

Overall "reasonable" by my standards.

Old 03-16-2018, 04:34 PM

So what did you finally pay? Can you give the MSRP, invoice, and total you paid before TTL? That would help me and others.

Thanks

Old 03-17-2018, 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by mtaxter
Just brought our 2018 Touring CRV home today.

I first shopped stores in my small coastal Georgia city and was not impressed. One finally offer me invoice price and none of the stupid , overpriced add-ons they all seem to try and force on you - nitrogen air in tires, mud flaps, paint sealer, extended warranties, etc.

I went a bit further away - 35 miles to another state - and just offered them invoice with no add-ons and it was a done deal. I know they made 3% on the hold back and I thought it was fair.

They made a mistake that they couldn't reverse - the prep team did the paint sealer and added mud flaps before the sales person could stop them. Bonus for me.

I did a tire swap because the Hankook "Kinergy" tires are very poor. I gave back the OEMs, bought my own replacements from Tirerack , had them drop shipped to the Honda store and they did not charge me for the mount/balance. Probably a bit of profit for them - but I did get the paint and flaps - figure one offsets the other.

Overall "reasonable" by my standards.
thanks for posting your expierence.

Old 03-17-2018, 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by sparks389
So what did you finally pay? Can you give the MSRP, invoice, and total you paid before TTL? That would help me and others.

Thanks
Its easy to determine the MSRP and Invoice of a 2WD Touring CRV, or any vehicle for that matter. Many places to go to find out the "dealer holdback" as well.
Cheers.