The unofficial Honda Forum and Discussion Board Forums For Honda automobile and motorcycle enthusiasts.

The unofficial Honda Forum and Discussion Board Forums For Honda automobile and motorcycle enthusiasts. (https://hondaforum.com/forum/)
-   CR-V Forum (https://hondaforum.com/forum/cr-v-forum-13/)
-   -   New Honda CRV purchase (https://hondaforum.com/forum/cr-v-forum-13/new-honda-crv-purchase-12229/)

bedney123 10-03-2017 02:02 PM

New Honda CRV purchase

My husband and I will be purchasing a 2017 Honda CRV very soon. We are considering possibly leasing as well, and probably will go that way. Just wanted to know if there was any advice or suggestions out there (things we should know, things we should look out for, things we should avoid , etc) as we proceed. We are newbies to car shopping and newbies to Honda, and just starting to do our homework on the CR-V.

bucwheat 10-03-2017 06:24 PM

Welcome in,I would highly recommend that you don't lease,the low payments sound good but considering the down payment ,up keep and the fact you get nothing for it at the end of the lease you lose way more than you think.on top of that the leasing agent may determine you have to pay for any damage above normal wear and tear according to them. Hondas have a great reputation for being reliable,lasting a long time and great trade in value. Buy it it don't lease,you won't regret it.

acmech52 10-05-2017 02:24 AM

welcome to the forum. I agree with bucwheat, purchase a lot better than lease. also limited milage per year on a lease and cost is expensive over milage.

Packer 11-11-2017 11:45 AM

. just bought a new 2017 CRV lx.

Packer 11-11-2017 11:53 AM

We paid 26 otd Lx 2017

bedney123 11-13-2017 10:10 AM

Thanx everyone!

My husband and I did alright. We did our homework and were ready. We did change our mind about leasing though. That was actually one good thing the dealer did for us --- convincing us (with the math) that it was better in the long run to buy. In the end, we purchased a 2017 CRV EX AWD (blue), and got them to knock off $2200 (no added options or unnecessary fees), $26,700 total. Neither me nor my husband are savvy negotiators, but we did ask a lot of questions, and didn't let them get away with leaving out info or talking so fast we couldn't understand, and overall did better than I thought we would. In fact, after we were already committed to one dealer, there was another dealer that wanted our business so badly that he was willing to come down another $300. It was too late of course, but we're happy.

So, through much prayer and research, we navigated the treacherous waters of car dealerships (as newbies), and came out basically unscathed. :-) We have no regrets and love our new CRV. Also, it wasn't ready at first, so that gave us time to even go get our own financing (rather than accepting theirs with an interest rate that was 1.5% higher). It also gave us time to make sure we understood everything, confirm all their figures, and make some tweaks to the agreement when we returned before we signed. By the way, we didn't allow them to roll anything into the final amount either. We paid the fees separately, and didn't accept any of the "after" offers either --- different insurances, warranties, etc. that we don't need OR could add later when we do, and not have it as part of our monthly car payment.

Again, thanx for the advice!

bucwheat 11-14-2017 06:21 PM

I no problem,glad you two did OK with your purchase,if we can help further just ask.

james1883 04-06-2019 05:38 AM

well, I always lease a car and recently I leased Audi a6 and according to me, the lease is better than purchased.

nadia9d 04-06-2019 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by bedney123 (Post 29080)
My husband and I will be purchasing a 2017 Honda CRV very soon. We are considering possibly leasing as well, and probably will go that way. Just wanted to know if there was any advice or suggestions out there (things we should know, things we should look out for, things we should avoid , etc) as we proceed. We are newbies to car shopping and newbies to Honda, and just starting to do our homework on the CR-V.

Best of luck dear! Honda is one of the best cars and depending upon your budget, I will recommend you to go for 2018 model, if you want to have flawless experience of driving. Because new models are updated and have smart sensors that ensure maximum protection. For leasing, there are some very good platforms like dsr leasing that give you a choice to build your dream car safely.

bucwheat 04-07-2019 09:44 AM

For sure