Cruising / Standard Valkyrie, VTX, Shadow, Nighthawk, and Rebel related information.

hard saddle bags

Old 06-19-2018, 03:58 PM
Angry hard saddle bags

Just installed new hard saddlebags with turn signal lights in the bags. After installing the right side, I checked to see if the turn signal light worked and it did, but was flashing faster than normal. Then I installed the left one and I now have no lights on the bags and the front lights remain on. When I move the turn signal switch to the right, the left light (in the front) goes out. When I move the turn signal switch to the left, the right light (in the front) goes out. Also the brake light stays on and when I activate the brake, nothing changes it just stays lit as if I were applying the brake. When first removing the original lights I detached the original wiring in the back and attached the bag lights per color coded wiring same as the original ( blue and green on the right side, green and orange on the left). Not understanding what happened. Could someone (who has electrical knowledge more than me) advise me.