General Honda Talk Talk about any general Honda information in here.

Purchasing a CRV. Dealer negotiating...

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2019, 06:24 PM
Default Purchasing a CRV. Dealer negotiating...

My wife and I are shopping for our first Honda. She’s decided that she wants a CRV EX-L trim and all wheel drive. A couple years ago when I purchased my F150, I shopped for about a month, until I thought I found the best deal I was going to get. I know that Honda’s are marketed differently and I won’t get as much off of sticker price as the F150. But what should I expect or use as a target? With a sticker of 32,195 for an EX-L, what percentage or range are people getting? Any information would be great! Thank you all in advance.

Old 02-14-2019, 07:39 PM
Super Moderator

welcome to the forum. Honda dealerships normally tack on a 5k profit margin. if you have your finance ready/bank ck, cash,cashiers check, credit union, you can offer 28,650 for your 2019 CR-V EX-L AWD. you might want to go to a few dealers and see how low you can get. (no trade in) you can also ask for fleet price. they will say "Oh no we can't do that, ill have to call my manager, etc etc etc., " your answer will be sorry, ill go to such and such dealer and see what I can get." Get out of your chairs and start walking out. if they really want to sell you the cr-v they will stop you. also will try to sell you 100k warranty, gap ins, etc, up to you on that. the finance man is obligated to ask. Just for your info on the 2019 CR-V, they only have the 1.5l turbo. these suv's are known to make oil, fuel gets into the crankcase. mostly in cold areas. here in CA. not heard of but in eastern states, lots of complaints. Please do some homework and do research. I love Honda's but on this forum I have seen so many cr-v's making oil any more questions, please ask, the dumb question was the one you didn't ask. Go test drive the CR-V and do a pedal to the metal drive. turn on all the nav equipment and test them, blue tooth, you don't want to come back later and ooppps I forgot to check. just don't roll the cr-v.

Last edited by acmech52; 02-14-2019 at 07:43 PM.
Old 02-14-2019, 08:28 PM

Acmech52... thanks for the info! That was kinda what I was thinking. Right now I have a few offers at 30k plus tax. I was thinking they could realistically do about 1500 more off. I actually sent my wife out to test drive a few different makes/models and decide what she likes best in the small suv. Hands down she said the crv. Right now I'm in email communication with three dealerships and I'll see what I can do. Again, many thanks!

As far as making oil, I'm aware of the problem in turbo motors. I have a 3.5 eco in my f150 and they're known for the same problem. I was always a v8 guy but I'm telling ya, after a custom tune she runs like a scolded beast.

Wish me luck. Once I buy I'll post a photo of the finance sheet and we'll see how I did.

Again, thanks

Old 02-15-2019, 03:15 AM
Super Moderator

I wish you all the luck that can be gotten. the more you save, the more in your pocket. also Honda dealers get a give back for every Honda sold, so they don't loose money.

Old 02-16-2019, 09:35 AM

Always do your homework,find out what they are selling for in your area and try to get quotes from several dealers to make them compete,if you can wait till the end of the month,they have quotas and will deal a little more,I recently got my best price on a new F150 and pushed for more they said they could not do better,so I walked,two days later( end of the month )they called with a better deal. It's your money spend it wisely.

Old 02-16-2019, 11:44 AM

Thanks for all the info! I was in the same boat cause I bought an f150 too and shopped it hard! And to strike a deal and then throw down some private cash offer money is hilarious! Lol

Old 02-17-2019, 07:32 AM

Shook hands last night on a 2019 EX-L AWD in gunmetal. It'll be delivered Wednesday or Thursday. Ended up with about 50 or so emails back and forth with 7 or 8 dealerships within about 100 miles of me. I went out realistically thinking I could get 11% off sticker. So a sticker of 32195 I was looking for 28653 plus tax. I physically went into 3 dealerships and sat down. I had two sales managers laugh at 11% and one said, this isn't a Chevy. Lol. So I got a dealer about an hour and a half away to get to 28750+250 fees. All these numbers are plus tax. I went in to the local dealership in my smaller town. Now the night before the same dealership wouldn't even give me a price when I said 11%. So I went in did a screenshot of the email quote, so they couldn't see salesmen's name, and said. Your sign in the window says you'll beat it. Now beat 28750+250 fees. They came back with the 28653+250 fees. So I was done at that point. I folded on 250 in fees and kept business in my little town. So I'm happy. And.... they said they'll match my online quote for an extended care So I'll be doing a 120k miles 72 months. Thanks to you guys for the info. After doing the paperwork I'll post up the numbers.

Old 02-17-2019, 08:51 PM
Super Moderator

I am happy for you and the wife. good eye good buy. you just beat out thousands of Honda buyers who paid too much for their Honda. looking forward to your post on the sales. hope others will take heed and learn to shop as good as you.

Old 03-17-2019, 04:20 AM

Well I understand what actually you want but you don't think Honda CRV EX-L is looked some old model well the choice is yours I was also in this situation I was no idea which car is suitable for me but now I am pretty confident that my decision is right I recently bought a Honda HR-V 2019 Model This car solve my all problems i suggest you to check this car this is my personal advice

Old 04-05-2019, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by Zaidazam2
Well I understand what actually you want but you don't think Honda CRV EX-L is looked some old model well the choice is yours I was also in this situation I was no idea which car is suitable for me but now I am pretty confident that my decision is right I recently bought a Honda HR-V 2019 Model This car solve my all problems i suggest you to check this car this is my personal advice
Exactly, HRV is like the fit, with worse gas mileage, more leg and headroom, and better locations for the cool cupholders, but the AWD is an added bonus. The HRV is great for those seeking an AWD, and average gas mileage. I average 28-30 mpg driving 40 miles to work, one way, over mountains and around curves, so it does fairly well, especially with its' handling. Buy the car because of the positives, it equals out. I love it and I plan to keep it as long as my 2003 honda civic that has well over 300,000 miles. I'm a faithful Honda owner and will continue owning one for my daily driver.

For the 2019 model, more exciting features including:
  • Refreshed exterior design
  • New Sport and Touring trims
  • Revamped optional touch screen with Android Auto, Apple CarPlay, and volume ****
  • Honda Sensing safety features now optional
  • Manual transmission no longer available

Last edited by NavyMan; 04-05-2019 at 09:32 AM.