General Honda Talk Talk about any general Honda information in here.

crazy motor swapp?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 10:47 PM
Default crazy motor swapp?

i have an 88 civic hatch that i stripped and did an aluminum dash and panels on the interior, lexan rear and side windows, fuel cell in back and some cool custom stuff that i did.i have also done some suspension upgrades and strut bars. i was going with a turbo single cam but i made a pretty bad mistake, i gutted all the wire in the car and wired it for only what i needed, ya know, lights, battery, fuel, starter, ignition. stuff like that. this is the first 4popper i have really got into so i didnt know i coundnt make the engine run stand alone without some serious bucks for computer management.so how about a nice and simple carburated set up like an a18a1 ? i have an article about that motor where someone built one up and put a two stage 300 shot on it. does that sound like a good idea to anybody or am i thinking crazy? if so what are some other options

Old 10-30-2006, 11:10 AM
Default RE: crazy motor swapp?

you are going to get alot more power out of fuel injection, if it was me i would take whatever wiring that is left in the car and replace it with a full harness obd0 or obd1 harness pending on the motor that you have. a single cam turbo would be sweet i have seen single cam hondas run 9's if you are wanting to go all out crazy power i would do an ls vtec turbo or b20 vtec turbo. get an uncut harness from a wrecked car and get the bestvtec ecu and send it off to get chipped, then you could use a piggy back fuel managment system like hondata to produce the power you want. you might have to do an obd0 to obd1 conversion or you can get an obd0 ecu and chip it for vtec but i have done a conversion before its not hard it just takes a while to do it. tell me what you think about my idea and hit me back.