The unofficial Honda Forum and Discussion Board Forums For Honda automobile and motorcycle enthusiasts.

The unofficial Honda Forum and Discussion Board Forums For Honda automobile and motorcycle enthusiasts. (https://hondaforum.com/forum/)
-   General Honda Talk (https://hondaforum.com/forum/general-honda-talk-38/)
-   -   why are Japanese cars better than America's (https://hondaforum.com/forum/general-honda-talk-38/why-japanese-cars-better-than-americas-821/)

James4.0litre 11-17-2006 01:09 AM

why are Japanese cars better than America's

Hey i am a Mechanical Engineering student, and I was just wondering if someone or everyone could tell me specific instances why Hondas/Honda's parts are better than say Ford's! Why are they a better deal and dont just say mpg but other reasons too! educate me

neoncrazy101 11-17-2006 09:00 PM

RE: why are Japanese cars better than America's

well for one thing Fords just stink in general lol jk.. this is coming from a person who only buys American but honestly... from the 2 japanese cars that we have owned have been crap!... one was a Toyota and it died at 140,000 for no reason what so ever... and then we had a Subaru that was a money pit and then i have friends with Hondas and other japanese cars that have just had problems with them... so to me... Japanese cars aren't any better than American (with the exception of a few) cause face it...every single car company has problems in one way or another...and now i have the strange feeling that the mods are going to delete me lol

acmech52 11-17-2006 09:59 PM

I have noticed that Japanese cars have a little bit more quality putinto them. The employee's are paid good in Japan, and given good bonus. There is a lot more pride in building cars in Japan and the people are a bit more humble to be recognized.
myopinion

acmech52 11-18-2006 01:37 AM

now that you are studying to be a M.E.:eek: study hard, make the difference of the American built Ford, and develope an engine that can run on H20,:D develope 300+ hp, with the smallest cid possible, and you can outperformthe "Rice Burner"[:'(] you dislike so much.Then get upper managment in theFord company to listen to you as youpresent this phenominal engine, while the Petroleum industry compliments you on yourdevelopement on a non- gas burning engine. Make your Dad proud of you!!

nicjerome 12-16-2006 10:45 PM

yeah im a mechanical engineering student too. i have been tuning japanese cars since before i could drive them so i might be little biased. i mean for christ's sake i look under the hood of an american car and almost dont know what im looking at. anyways thats about it, you said it in your post. Longevity, and great gas mileage,thats the reason why people buy japanese; typically american cars are built to have the most power that they can without regards to gas consumption. until recently this is how things have been. but the explosion in tuning japanese cars is due to the fact that many of these engines have enormous potential that can be tapped without too much money being spent. i love honda's and nissan's and when i purchase one its like buying a blank canvas, you can paint it whatever you want, whereas an american or european car is usually already luxury and tuned to its peak from the factory. minus a the minor personalization details.
-simply my opinion-

acmech52 01-05-2007 02:27 AM

nicjerome: take a look at civics 07 si, 197 horse out of a 2.0, 2 dr, 4 dr, and handles fantastic. Go take a test drive with a young salesman, and you may have a ride you will be pleased with. I also tried the fusion by Ford, good car to me, I like the handling and quietness. like a luxury car. Do good in school and design a good machine for us americans!

mombofan1 01-10-2007 03:11 AM

ha I came to this site to find the same thing AND WHAT DO YOU KNOW I'm AN AUTOSTUDENT TOO and don't see why an import is better my toyota camry WAS CRAP I own a camaro and dodge caravan..... I realize this isn't hte case for all imports my friend had one with 200k but then again run longer is WHAT I ALWAYS HEAR! that's not true not say'n any of you are say'n that.. just needed to vent ha anyways I would like to find out a few things..... can anyone hlep me or tell me which section to look in... I want to find a mid point I hope to use the japenese technology to make my cars better and if I can help anyone with what I know I would love to thanks

S4 02-18-2007 12:45 AM

Well for the honda's you don't have to pay for paint when you get a wing or body kit, other cars, you do.

Rodek 03-17-2007 03:38 PM

Go to your local auto parts store and look what makes/models are in the parking lots. That should be enough info for you. I think many American cars are engineered to run/drive for certain miles (150,00 or so) whereas Japanese models are design tolerances are goodfor 4-500,000 miles.

hondaaccord 04-23-2007 05:53 PM

because hondas are awsome and fords are ****ed On Race Day. hondas are enginered by some of the smartest people in the world and are lighter. hondas will out last any car cuz they are so cheep to fix/replace, and can be tuned so much better than american muscle, go hondas