The unofficial Honda Forum and Discussion Board Forums For Honda automobile and motorcycle enthusiasts.

The unofficial Honda Forum and Discussion Board Forums For Honda automobile and motorcycle enthusiasts. (https://hondaforum.com/forum/)
-   General Tech Help (https://hondaforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-37/)
-   -   03 honda civic si 2.0l Ep3 battery light stays on with good alternator an new battery (https://hondaforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-37/03-honda-civic-si-2-0l-ep3-battery-light-stays-good-alternator-new-battery-13170/)

Todd Case 11-30-2018 12:24 PM

03 honda civic si 2.0l Ep3 battery light stays on with good alternator an new battery

So the other day my alternator quit on me so i bought a new one and put it in with a new battery also...but my battery light wont go out tho. Ive had my Ep3 for over a yr an have nvr had the battery light come on till my alternator went out and now hasnt gone back off after replacing the alternator and battery. The 80 amp fuse under the hood is good the 10 amp alternator fuse is good under the dash. Ran voltage test on battery with car running an everything in the car on full blast ( heater..brights...wipers..and radio bc i have an amp an speaker) and the battery never dropped below 14.20. All connections are good an tight also. Today i took the alt back out cuz i was positive orilleys sold me a bad alternator after testing everything that i have. But the alternator tested good and was the same as the replacement they had ordered me. All of my grounds are new and my starter is new along with my serpentine belt also. Im looking toward replacing my serpentine belt tensioner pulley now bc its the only other thing i can think of or have found in the forums that I've read... and i also replaced the positive battery terminal but not the wire since its part of my wiring harness.. And there is current between the alternator to the battery i also tested that. Any advice would definitely be apprititated.

acmech52 11-30-2018 06:18 PM

welcome to the forum wondering if you can have the light reset. some warning lights need to be reset, some just go off, some take a few cycles before it goes off.

Todd Case 11-30-2018 06:26 PM

I did try to clear the codes with a computer to get it to go out bc there is no reset like with the maintenance req light but that didnt work only codes that come up were for my 02 sensors

acmech52 11-30-2018 06:36 PM

did some research, found that the alt sys goes through an electrical load detector. it would give a p1297 or 98 code. this is when you have a good alt and good bat. if you go to www.underhoodservice.com./hondaelectrical diagnostic this may help you more..

Todd Case 11-30-2018 06:50 PM

Yea i nvr got either of those codes i got p0141 and p1166 and i tried to click that link an all it said was page couldnt be found

acmech52 11-30-2018 07:19 PM

Honda Electrical System Diagnostics