General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Help with cd installation

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2013, 10:13 AM
Default Help with cd installation

Hello all, im asking for a little help installing my new cd player. I drive a '97 Accord and still have the factory tape deck just above the shifter/drink holder area. I received a Sony CDX-GT270MP for christmas and would like to replace my tape deck with this new cd player while leaving my factory radio in the dash.

My questions for ya'll are:

How should i power the new cd player? (do i use battery power AND accessory power, and should that power come from the old tape deck wires or from new wires directly connected to fusebox/battery?)

I would guess connecting to the already installed wires off the factory radio because when i pulled the wires from the tape deck i got a tape error when trying to switch functions and when the tape deck is fully removed i cant select the tape option anymore (which is the button i want to press to switch to my new cd/aux player) i will not be using the new cd player for radio...i dont think?

Thanks for any help