The unofficial Honda Forum and Discussion Board Forums For Honda automobile and motorcycle enthusiasts.

The unofficial Honda Forum and Discussion Board Forums For Honda automobile and motorcycle enthusiasts. (https://hondaforum.com/forum/)
-   Honda Accord Forum (https://hondaforum.com/forum/honda-accord-forum-11/)
-   -   92 Accord Cranks.. but wont start (https://hondaforum.com/forum/honda-accord-forum-11/92-accord-cranks-but-wont-start-8124/)

usmarine0905 12-06-2012 08:01 PM

92 Accord Cranks.. but wont start

Hello everyone,

Wife has a 92 accord with appx 113K. 4cyl auto. Car was purchased brand new, one owner her, car was running fine and just cut off. Tried to restart it only cranks but will not fire. I checked all fuses, good. All dash light work fine and assy as well. Spins over fine, Timing belt replace last month by Honda. I checked for spark, NO Spark to plugs and NO Spark from coil. I have voltage going into the coil at the plug, ( Plug has 3 wires ). I am thinking that it is the coil ..... any help would be great...

Thanks
Darryl

bucwheat 12-07-2012 08:19 AM

It may be the Ignitor in the coil, Or MAP sensor, which controls ignition timing and air/fuel mixture. This is the "Key" sensor on your car. If it is failing when you start, there may be no codes thrown and it will deny power to the ECM, ignition, and fuel pump. So see if that's the situation with your Accord. Let us know what you find.:D

usmarine0905 12-07-2012 11:45 AM

@Bucwheat.... I purchased an ignition coil today, ( unit that has a plug at one end, and the other with a plug wire that goes to the distributor cap) I will put it on tonight when I get home. I will post results when done. Thanks

usmarine0905 12-08-2012 07:01 AM

Well still no joy...replaced coil and still no spark. Map sensor, main relay??? Its driving me crazy...anyone?

lowlife9 12-08-2012 03:49 PM

make sure your timing belt didn't jump a tooth.

usmarine0905 12-08-2012 04:46 PM

Hello all.... Wanted to thank you all once again for all your info and assistance. Bucwheat thank you for steering me in the correct direction. It was the Igniter, located in the distributor. Thank you again

bucwheat 12-09-2012 05:10 AM

Happy to help sir.:D

usmarine0905 12-09-2012 07:16 PM

Thank you again bucwheat for the info into the no start problem, The igniter was bad and I replaced it and it fired right up!! I hope that anyone else having a similar problem of no starting that this mite be a path to check out in the troubleshooting of their problem. Once again thank you Bucwheat..

PapillonOne 02-17-2013 01:58 AM

@Bucwheat So the Ignitor and the Ignition Coil are not the same thing? I was under the impression they were the same? Can you give me an idea of what the Ignitor looks like please? Is is also called the Ignition Control Unit? Thank you!

acmech52 02-20-2013 09:04 AM

ignitor is in the distributor, the ignition control module can be in the distributor or exterior of the distributor.