Honda Accord Forum This popular mid sized car is offered in both a coupe and sedan, mixes performance with versatility.

95 4-door accord fixer-upper

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2018, 06:47 AM

I agree main relay ,happened to me couple of years ago. Mine would start then die right away.

Old 07-05-2018, 09:48 AM

ok, thanks. I ordered 1 from rockauto it should be in soon.
I was going to try to keep my money local but all parts stores here wanted 60.00 +-
Rockauto was 28.00 +- and I didn't want to get used from junkyard.

Old 07-11-2018, 01:03 PM

ok, I replaced the main relay and I thought it worked till I got about 2miles down the road add the tach went crazy flopping back and forth. the dash lights went out and the car almost died and the motor had no power. I floored it trying to keep it going and after about 5 sec or so it started working again and the dash lights got real bright and power to the motor was back. but it didn't last. this happened about 5 to 6 times before I finely got back to the home. visions of sks woopass on the car danced in my head...…..

any ideas.... maybe me just thinking out loud some kind of voltage regulator or something...………………..

Old 08-08-2018, 09:47 AM

so I am still with out my car running.

Old 08-08-2018, 08:57 PM
Super Moderator

check to see if you have a strong blue spark at the spark plug if so not the coil possible ignition switch. jiggle the key in the switch to see if the start and die goes away. ign switch going bad may cause the guage to go up and down.,

Old 10-08-2018, 10:04 AM

so, a little update on my non running accord...………………..
I have replaced that dumb relay 4 times and still no go.
I have went thru all the fuses and checked all wires that I think could be the problem for not letting it stay started.
so (2) things left to be replaced in hopes to having it back on the road. ing. switch and the computer.
I just got in a new ign. switch from rockauto and I hope to get that on the car this week. tonight if possible.
I also have a new box of 1000 rounds for my ak-47. so if the ign switch does not fix it the ak-47 will.
no joke, if so I will have it on video...………………………………..

Old 10-15-2018, 08:53 AM

ok, update on the car. so I didn't have to get my rifle out after replacing the egn. switch.
it worked, what a pain in the foot to replace that part.
been driving it all weekend long and runs great, but now the break peddle is almost going to the floor to stop the car. I guess it has some air in the lines from setting up or maybe the master cylinder is going out but I think I replaced that last summer.
so on to the next repair .

Old 10-17-2018, 12:43 AM
Super Moderator

2thpic, just curious, what part of arkansas are you from, i had a father in law that lived in fortsmith. my wife and i used to enjoy going to visit. i just had a hard time with the humid season. people are nice in AK.

Old 12-10-2018, 09:34 AM

I live in a little town called Lonsdale pop. 325+-.
so a update on my Honda car, its still running good a little bit on the weak side but it's a 2.2 so it is what it is.
I bought some CREE LED lights for it the other week and installed them last Friday but they didn't work.
thinking that they might need more juice or something I contacted the manufacture.
they suggested to install them again but plug them in backwards, because there lights are universal to many other cars and trucks.
there for the contacts might be different from car to car. yall ever had this problem and or ran into this?
also have yall installed LED's in your ride if so tips and tricks needed.

the type I got...….

Old 12-10-2018, 09:36 AM

also I got a lower front mugen air dam from Ebay that I could put some small led's in the air holes if the LED's don't pan out.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fits-1994-1...72.m2749.l2648

Quick Reply: 95 4-door accord fixer-upper