The unofficial Honda Forum and Discussion Board Forums For Honda automobile and motorcycle enthusiasts.

The unofficial Honda Forum and Discussion Board Forums For Honda automobile and motorcycle enthusiasts. (https://hondaforum.com/forum/)
-   Honda Accord Forum (https://hondaforum.com/forum/honda-accord-forum-11/)
-   -   99 accord powe door locks (https://hondaforum.com/forum/honda-accord-forum-11/99-accord-powe-door-locks-13121/)

mayhem 11-04-2018 03:07 AM

99 accord powe door locks

i'm finally getting around to finding out why the power locks do not work .., the drivers door works as it should the other 3 doors do not ,I can hear a clicking in the 3 doors that don't work and also when I open the front passenger door with the key it will open both the passenger door and rear passenger door...what should I be looking for...? bad grounds ?..just trying to eliminate unnecessary work as it is getting cold here and i really don't want to be out there no longer than I have to thanks for any help

avisitor 11-04-2018 09:36 AM

Try hitting the remote open button once for the driver's door then again within 5 seconds to open the other doors.
That is the way it is with my CR-V. Hit the button once for driver's door. Hit the button twice to open all doors.

bucwheat 11-04-2018 09:44 AM

You may try holding down the lock and unlock button at the same time for 3 sec. This might reset the remote features,I know I have tried it and it works on mine sometimes.

mayhem 11-05-2018 02:36 AM

if i'm understanding right , you guys mean a remote on the key ?...I bought this car used and the set of keys I have , there is no remote , I thought that to be odd there was no remote but I never gave it much thought till now

avisitor 11-05-2018 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by mayhem (Post 31572)
i'm finally getting around to finding out why the power locks do not work .., the drivers door works as it should the other 3 doors do not ,I can hear a clicking in the 3 doors that don't work and also when I open the front passenger door with the key it will open both the passenger door and rear passenger door...what should I be looking for...? bad grounds ?..just trying to eliminate unnecessary work as it is getting cold here and i really don't want to be out there no longer than I have to thanks for any help

You have no remote?
Sorry, mis-read post

Try turning the key twice (driver's door lock) to open lock.
See if that opens all the door locks?

mayhem 11-05-2018 06:29 AM

i tried everything you guys suggested , no go ..shouldn't the door lock switch on the inside of the driver door open/close all locks ? or am I wrong ?... I know it works that way in my wife's ford focus...hit the switch on the drivers door all locks open or close...I can live without all doors opening using the key on drivers door but it would be nice to be able to open or lock all doors with the driver door inside switch...maybe it just doesn't work that way yeah there was no remote with this car, maybe that's the problem ?....I know I sure wouldn't go to the dealer and pay big bucks for a remote...if it's even available any more....with my many trips to the u pull it yard I have never seen a remote on any of the keys that are in any honda there

bucwheat 11-07-2018 05:22 AM

Make sure the master lockout feature is not on,that keeps rear and pass door from opening.

CobraCurt 11-21-2018 02:17 PM

I'm having the same problem on my 08 Accord.