The unofficial Honda Forum and Discussion Board Forums For Honda automobile and motorcycle enthusiasts.

The unofficial Honda Forum and Discussion Board Forums For Honda automobile and motorcycle enthusiasts. (https://hondaforum.com/forum/)
-   Honda Accord Forum (https://hondaforum.com/forum/honda-accord-forum-11/)
-   -   Green Immobilizer Key Keeps Blinking.... (https://hondaforum.com/forum/honda-accord-forum-11/green-immobilizer-key-keeps-blinking-5589/)

toicy4ya 03-14-2010 04:08 PM

Green Immobilizer Key Keeps Blinking....

Sup Everyone,

I have been having this problem intermitently for a few months now on my 2000 accord ex v6. The green immobilizer key on the dashboard keeps blinking which is preventing my car from starting. Initially i thought it was the alarm due to the reason that it has a remote start. However when i disabled the alarm the immobilizer light kept blinking. Then i thought it was the battery. I took the battery and had it tested at both RS Strauss and Pep Boys. Both confirmed the battery was no good. For a moment i thought this was the reason the immobilizer light kept blinking. I ran to sears and picked up a gold die hard battery and installed it. Still same problem! I tried three different keys just to make sure it wasnt a bad key but the light still keeps blinking. The car was starting up fine for a while then the problem occured two weeks ago after a bad snow storm in which the car sat for two weeks. After the snow storm i gave the car a boost and it turned on without a problem. Each morning for a week I would turn on the car in the morning just to make sure it started. Then this weekend we had a bad rain storm which lasted for three days and the problem re-occured. The light would not stop blinking. I feel this is the main reason my car does not start, My question now is what causes this light to blink, besides faulty keys or battery which we ruled out?

I thought maybe the main relay as i heard these cars suffer from that but would a bad main relay cause the immobilizer light to blink?

Has anyone ever had their immobilizer light keep blinking?

toicy4ya 03-15-2010 05:42 AM

Anyone?

LOrangeH22hatch 03-16-2010 12:33 AM

You may have to go to the dealer and have the key code reprogrammed in the ecu.

toicy4ya 03-16-2010 04:14 AM

I dont think its the key, i tried three different keys. each time the immobilizer light kept blinking. I dont they all three keys will go bad and happen intermittently.

Anyone else ever experience this problem? I cant be the only one. :(

bucwheat 03-16-2010 09:35 AM

I know on some cars you have to reprogram to relearn the key code,I would check with Honda dealer next.My Vett dropped codes once and reprogramming fixed the problem.

LOrangeH22hatch 03-16-2010 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by bucwheat (Post 12489)
I know on some cars you have to reprogram to relearn the key code,I would check with Honda dealer next.My Vett dropped codes once and reprogramming fixed the problem.

^ what he said. :)

toicy4ya 03-16-2010 01:03 PM

Yea i can see that happening but my car has the problem intermittently. Sometimes it turns on sometimes it dont. If that was the problem, i would think it would never turn on.

Anyone ever have the problem i'm experiencing?

toicy4ya 03-18-2010 06:55 PM

So i tried to tap on the main relay because i heard if the relay is bad sometimes this will allow the car to start. However when i turn the ignition the car is completely dead. The battery appears as if its completely drained. This is a brand new Die Hard Battery i purchased less than a week ago. When i turn the ignition switch the dashboard flickers then dies. Im at the end of my wits. Can someone offer some advice?