Honda Accord Forum This popular mid sized car is offered in both a coupe and sedan, mixes performance with versatility.

Where's the best place to buy parts for an 84?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2006, 01:59 AM
Default Where's the best place to buy parts for an 84?

I am buying an 84 Accord STD(i guess that means standard as opposed to LX?) with the 1.8 and 5-speed. It needs a bit of cosmetic work, including the cornering lamp assemblies and a new steering wheel. There is a bit of surface rust but nothing too serious. I doubt there is anything avaliable... but are performance parts made for this car? I at least want to lower it. For having 22 years and 218k miles worth of abuse, (and the original paint) its an overall clean little car, and a steal at $400 with all the records since 84. The and A/C works great, still running on good ole r12 refrigerant, along with the fricikn kickass original AM radio. The cruise on the other hand does not. Does it run by pulling vaccum from the engine? or is it all electric... I haven't had the chance to mess with it yet. Its not essential, I just like having everything working in all of my cars. There are a few of these at the local pull-a-part that still have a good bit of stuff, i think 2 of them still even run... so thats probably where I'll get most of my stuff from unless I find something online... which is where I come to you... I am too lazy to surf the net looking for this stuff... besides... all the stuff i do find is for 90 to present accords. I would appreciate any pointers... besides selling, burning, or driving it off a cliff for all you 2nd gen haters out there. Thanks