The unofficial Honda Forum and Discussion Board Forums For Honda automobile and motorcycle enthusiasts.

The unofficial Honda Forum and Discussion Board Forums For Honda automobile and motorcycle enthusiasts. (https://hondaforum.com/forum/)
-   Honda Civic Forum (https://hondaforum.com/forum/honda-civic-forum-12/)
-   -   Bizarre Flasher Problem (https://hondaforum.com/forum/honda-civic-forum-12/bizarre-flasher-problem-11205/)

technotrevor 02-06-2016 07:11 PM

Bizarre Flasher Problem

Hey all,

So I finally thought I would join, because after so many threads I've seen, on here and other forums, I could never discover the answer to the bizarre flasher issue I'm having on my turn signals. All wiring is correct, bulbs work, fuses replaced, etc.

Long story short, my turn signals work just fine during the day. However, when I flip my lights on at night, obviously my turn signals stay illuminated. But, when I try to use either the left or right turn signal, it won't flash. It shows its flashing like usual in my car, just not the front turn signals. They just remain illuminated.

And I've never found a single forum or an answer on every Google search you could imagine. Thus, why I'm here.

Bought a new flasher relay. Solved hyper flashing. But not the signaling issue.

It. Does not. Make. Sense.

technotrevor 02-09-2016 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by technotrevor (Post 26517)
Hey all,

So I finally thought I would join, because after so many threads I've seen, on here and other forums, I could never discover the answer to the bizarre flasher issue I'm having on my turn signals. All wiring is correct, bulbs work, fuses replaced, etc.

Long story short, my turn signals work just fine during the day. However, when I flip my lights on at night, obviously my turn signals stay illuminated. But, when I try to use either the left or right turn signal, it won't flash. It shows its flashing like usual in my car, just not the front turn signals. They just remain illuminated.

And I've never found a single forum or an answer on every Google search you could imagine. Thus, why I'm here.

Bought a new flasher relay. Solved hyper flashing. But not the signaling issue.

It. Does not. Make. Sense.

Sooo is anyone alive lol

acmech52 02-09-2016 05:41 AM

welcome to the forum. Sorry for the slow response. Have you checked your emergency light switch. This sometimes goes bad and causes the turn signals act odd.
my switch went bad and i had no signal lights in my case.

technotrevor 02-09-2016 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by acmech52 (Post 26537)
Have you checked your emergency light switch.

Yes it works fine. I've seen how that's a common issue too. However like I mentioned, they flash fine when Parking Lights are off. But when they're on, the signals illuminate, but won't flash when I signal.

One thought was having the 12v and Intermittent crossed, but if that was true, wouldn't they not even flash when the Parking Lights are off?

acmech52 02-09-2016 08:09 AM

parking lights off, emergency flashers will flash if depressed. if 12v intermittent crossed would cause burning smell, and a few other items to short out.

technotrevor 02-09-2016 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by acmech52 (Post 26540)
parking lights off, emergency flashers will flash if depressed. if 12v intermittent crossed would cause burning smell, and a few other items to short out.

So then I'm definetly going to weigh out that hypothesis.

I even have electronic relay as well.

technotrevor 02-16-2016 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by technotrevor (Post 26542)
So then I'm definetly going to weigh out that hypothesis.

I even have electronic relay as well.

Well I figured this forum would have a lot more active members to post on but apparently I'm wrong since the only person to actually have any input is a Super Mod.

How unfortunate lol.

technotrevor 02-17-2016 04:43 PM

Bump.

bucwheat 02-21-2016 09:04 AM

Sorry,can't find anything on your problem ,but a simple thing to try is replacing the flasher.