Honda Civic Forum This top selling compact car, offered in both a coupe or sedan, has become popular among people who want economy and performance.

Iphone16 on 2016- Corded CarPlay not working properly (Bluetooth ok),

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2024 | 01:26 PM
|
Default Iphone16 on 2016- Corded CarPlay not working properly (Bluetooth ok),

Hi everyone,

I just got a new iPhone 16 (which has a new type of cord- the USB-C). It connects to my 2016 civic EXT via Bluetooth just fine.

when I try using the charging cord to connect it via usb, it’s alllllll kinds of effed up. Here’s just a few things:
- It sometimes shows up on the screen but the music plays out of the phone speakers.
-sometimes it plays out of the speakers but the little “talking” icon stays in the dash area like it is Siri waiting for a command. (Then I can’t make any phone calls)
it’s just totally not compatible or something!

I have already updated everything to the newest versions, I’ve forgotten both my car and phone and reconnected, and I did a full factory reset on the phone and the car.

Anyone else have a solution? Gahhh!

Old 10-03-2024 | 10:57 AM
Question iPhone isn't connecting with Carplay

I bought a CR-V Sport Hybrid last winter and until now the Carplay connection has worked well! However, I am now having difficult maintaining the Carplay connection. My iPhone is an 11Pro model and I just updated to IOS 17.7 and the problem seems to have started after the update. I've been able to connect twice but when I turn the car on the next day, the connection has been lost. It may be related to the update but wanted to see if others have had an issue.