Honda Civic Forum This top selling compact car, offered in both a coupe or sedan, has become popular among people who want economy and performance.

Lowering Springs or Body Kit?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2006, 05:23 PM
Default Lowering Springs or Body Kit?

Hey, right now im driving a 97 civic sedan (4d), stock everything. I was thinking of doing some mods to it. I am debating on what to do/what will look better. Lowering springs or a body kit. I just wanted to get some opinions. Also which is cheaper?

Old 08-21-2006, 10:13 AM
Default RE: Lowering Springs or Body Kit?

coilovers r the best to buy and cheaper lower looks better any day than a body kit cuz then u have to paint them plus its a honda go jdm [8D]

Old 08-22-2006, 03:57 AM

moose,
i think suggest u jz lower the spring is much more better...coz presently i jz mod..so i feel the new look is much more better then u spend more money add body kit..

Old 09-03-2006, 12:11 PM

Why not do both if you have the money

Old 09-09-2006, 04:08 PM

I Agree... If you have the money go with lowering springs first and then choose the body kit of your perference, then get it painted and put it on... That is what I did with my Civic.

Old 04-18-2007, 10:36 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum

Old 04-18-2007, 03:53 PM

Lowering Springs, dude do not get a bodykit inless you know how to seriously fab up so good work. Inless your a professional or just have a lot of money to do it right then don't get a bodykit.

I know by experience with stupid bodykits and they are gay. That was about 4yrs ago back in my fast n furious days let me tell yah..body kit ftw..HA!..jk dude. Just lower it, you'll be much happier w/the results than a bodykit. You'll constantly have to fix the bodykit. but thats just my 2 cents.

Old 07-17-2007, 09:47 PM

I'll go for the body kit if you really want a total make over of your car...That's just what I did with my Honda...I dress it up with a new integra body kit.--really pleased with my car's make over, I hope you'd feel the same with yours...Good luck budd...

Old 09-04-2007, 05:54 PM

I would go with lowering the car. Don't buy cheap coilovers the will blow your stock struts out with in a week. I know been there done that got the t-shirt. Best bet it to get a good set of springs I would personally get Eibach springs but there are many others out there. Get a good set of adjustable damping struts Tokico makes them for Hondas and are one of the best on the market. Depending on your bank roll Tien is kick ***. Now depending on how low you plan on being get your self a camber adjustment kit for you civic or you will roach your tires and negate the whole purpose of lowering and stiffing you suspension. Get your front and rear sway bars and rear lower tie bar. You will be pleased with the look and the handling. Body kits are a waste of time unless you plan on making this a trailer queen going to car shows. The pot hole fairy and Mr. speed bump will make you very sad when you ruin your body kit.

Old 11-13-2007, 02:33 PM

I have a 1995 civic ex with tein lowering springs and after ruining my tires because I didnt buy a camber kit I learned me lesson. I would personally Go with a body kit if I could do it all over again.

Quick Reply: Lowering Springs or Body Kit?