Honda Civic Forum This top selling compact car, offered in both a coupe or sedan, has become popular among people who want economy and performance.

new 08 Honda Civic Si coupe

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 11:21 PM
Question new 08 Honda Civic Si coupe

first of all, i want to say " What's up " to everyone in this site.
second, i need help about my car. i want everyone help or provide me some information about honda civic si, ect..
i have a 08 honda civic si coupe for little over a year now, i want to increase the horsepower in this car, my question is

How much horsepower can i put in this little 08 honda civic si coupe ?
what is the down side for having so much horsepower in little car like civic? list any bad effect to the car, like engine can break down fast or need new clutch or new breaks.
what is tubo kit and supercharge ?
are they engine or part of engine?
do i have to hire a professional merchanic to do the rite job? or i can do by myself which i absolutely have NO KNOWLEDGE ABOUT CAR except change flat tire ehhehe.
how much is it cost me to have more horsepower than what my 08 honda civic SI coupe? which is has 197 HP .
please include the cost of materials and labor hours.

thank you for read my thread and hopefully some1 has awsome tips to give me.
i will be online again 2morrow nite.
see ya again.

Last edited by Noobhonda; 06-29-2009 at 11:22 PM. Reason: double check my thread
Old 06-30-2009, 06:24 PM
Super Moderator

NoobHonda welcome to the forum. I can only answer a few of your questions and will have to get back to you for the rest. The turbo charger unit approx 15-2500.00 uses exaust gas to spin up the turbine wheel to produce high pressure into your intake but uses an intercooler to cool the hot air before it goes into the intake. A supercharger is an impeller unit that produces instant induction like the dragster ( slingshots ).
the turbo charger is an add on unit as the supercharger. both are not cheap items and unless you know how to install, a pro is suggested. I have read turbo charged engines to produce 425hp ++++ Depending on how much money you want to spend. More horsepower may require you to get a pilots licenses to fly the civic!!!!!
And before you do anything to the car, make sure your warranty is up, if not talk to your dealer service manager before you mod anything.

Old 07-09-2009, 06:50 PM

I'd suggest a supercharger, seems like the better way to go for Civics IMO, depending on how much $ you're willing to spend you can make a relatively high amount of power.

Old 07-10-2009, 01:10 PM
Super Moderator

start with the basics.. cold air intake, full exhaust system ignition coil dist. wires plugs. basics for now. it wont be a HUGE difference but you will be able to tell.

Old 07-10-2009, 02:00 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by acmech52
NoobHonda welcome to the forum. I can only answer a few of your questions and will have to get back to you for the rest. The turbo charger unit approx 15-2500.00 uses exaust gas to spin up the turbine wheel to produce high pressure into your intake but uses an intercooler to cool the hot air before it goes into the intake. A supercharger is an impeller unit that produces instant induction like the dragster ( slingshots ).
the turbo charger is an add on unit as the supercharger. both are not cheap items and unless you know how to install, a pro is suggested. I have read turbo charged engines to produce 425hp ++++ Depending on how much money you want to spend. More horsepower may require you to get a pilots licenses to fly the civic!!!!!
And before you do anything to the car, make sure your warranty is up, if not talk to your dealer service manager before you mod anything.

hahaha nice about needed the pilots liscence