Honda Civic Forum This top selling compact car, offered in both a coupe or sedan, has become popular among people who want economy and performance.

Windows

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 04:09 PM
Default Windows

Ok, previous to the car I own now I had a 98 Civic Ex coupe.
I was consistently having problems with my windows and them falling off the track closer to the front (and being able toraisethe window up only 70%). It didnt happen right away each time, but maybe a week after I fix it each time.
After taking EVERYTHING out of the door and cleaning it (thinking there was something messing with the window), a week later it fell off again.
Now, when I was taking the window out this time (standard procedure for me now), the window shattered into a million pieces in my hands and all over my car interior and garage floor.
I think the window was under a lot of stress from falling off alot and such.
So I went out to buy a new window and a week later, it fell off AGAIN!

Which brings me to my concern/question.....
I now own a 99 Civic Coupe EX. When I bought it, for the first 3 months of owning it, I had no problems at all with the windows. So now I was thinking that something with the previous car was wrong that I didn't know about. Until it happened to this one. So I fixed it, and haven't had a problem yet, but that could be due to the fact that Ihold the window everytimeI shut the door so it doesn't fall off again.

But I was wondering if anyone had similar problems and if you had any suggestions/ideas.
Am I incorrectly fixing the window?
Should I not put the window down as much as I do?
Should I not of had the window down AT ALL when shutting the door?

I just don't want to go through with having a window break in my hands again... thanks everyone!

Old 08-01-2007, 09:49 AM
Default RE: Windows

all that money you spent.... you would have been better of getting it done by the dealer so you can bring it back every time it fell off.. instead of replacing your entire window.. ya i know sounds expensive.. but it pays off especially if you know its probably gonna fall off again.. well thats the only advice i can give. i would gladly help you out if it was any other questions regarding tuning and performace or anything of that matter but for the basics i leave it up to honda. happy driving.. good luck and goodbye.

Old 08-01-2007, 11:36 AM
Default RE: Windows

I only spent about $60 onthe new driver window. Found it on craigslist [8D]. IwishI could take the car to the dealership everytime it happened, but the time involved with getting a ride to and from would be horrendous. I will call the dealership to see what they say. Thanks for the advice though! Now I know it's something to do with my bad luck!