The unofficial Honda Forum and Discussion Board Forums For Honda automobile and motorcycle enthusiasts.

The unofficial Honda Forum and Discussion Board Forums For Honda automobile and motorcycle enthusiasts. (https://hondaforum.com/forum/)
-   Honda Marine Engines (https://hondaforum.com/forum/honda-marine-engines-33/)
-   -   Anode location Help (https://hondaforum.com/forum/honda-marine-engines-33/anode-location-help-13498/)

Amarino 04-28-2019 10:00 AM

Anode location Help

This is my second season with a 2003 130 hp Honda BF and I have never changed the anodes, can anyone help tell me where they are all located and how many there are?
thanks much

avisitor 04-28-2019 07:23 PM

Suggest you look up anode and cathode on internet
Maybe help to understand what they are .. in order to locate them

acmech52 04-29-2019 12:39 AM

welcome to the forum. looking at a bzbe 13000056 sn. I found it takes 3 anodes. one is under the water jacket cover near the base of the engine, the other 2 are on the opposite side between the #1 & #2 cyl and between #3&#4 cyl. looking at the diagram is a little difficult than looking at the engine direct. if you get yourself a engine diagram or parts list, it will help you locate most things on your engine.

Amarino 04-29-2019 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by avisitor (Post 32782)
Suggest you look up anode and cathode on internet
Maybe help to understand what they are .. in order to locate them

My mistake , I was under the impression that one of the reasons to join forums was to maybe get/give some helpful information from people that have experience with what you have. Thanks for telling me to search the Internet , I wouldn’t have known to do that that !!!! BTW...it’s not my first boat ,, Just my first Honda . I know what an Anode is .

Amarino 04-29-2019 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by acmech52 (Post 32783)
welcome to the forum. looking at a bzbe 13000056 sn. I found it takes 3 anodes. one is under the water jacket cover near the base of the engine, the other 2 are on the opposite side between the #1 & #2 cyl and between #3 cyl. looking at the diagram is a little difficult than looking at the engine direct. if you get yourself a engine diagram or parts list, it will help you locate most things on your engine.

Thanks for the Welcome and thank you very much for the info. some of the anodes were easily visible it was the others I wasn’t sure about. Thanks again

avisitor 04-29-2019 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by Amarino (Post 32785)
My mistake , I was under the impression that one of the reasons to join forums was to maybe get/give some helpful information from people that have experience with what you have. Thanks for telling me to search the Internet , I wouldn’t have known to do that that !!!! BTW...it’s not my first boat ,, Just my first Honda . I know what an Anode is .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day
Teach a man to fish and he will have food all his life

Wish you well