New Member Area New to HF? Stop in tell us about yourself.

Which Forum/s Best for Finding a 2013 Civic, Los Angeles/SFV ?

Old 01-24-2018, 12:01 PM
Arrow Which Forum/s Best for Finding a 2013 Civic, Los Angeles/SFV ?

Hello,

I found this forum looking for the best sites to buy cars. Which I know is not the central purpose of it.
(I've been a member of the largest Honda CBR motorcycle forum for years, and online for 20 years...)

But I figured why not join and maybe I and a seller may get mutually lucky. And if/when I find my Civic, a great forum to stay in. I'm in no rush, and am willing to wait months to find it.

OK, but since this is the newbie-introduce-yourself forum...

I'm a 63 y.o. (fortunately not physically impaired) disabled person living on only Social Security + SSI disability income. I live in the West San Fernando Valley (Woodland Hills area) north of Los Angeles, CA. At a nice public housing authority 1- bedrooms only property.

I've only owned one car in my life that lasted 6 months (a sweet but flawed 1975 AMC Pacer with cracked engine block I didn't know about), and being a Honda fan, my only personal transportation has been my faithful, customized CBR600 F2 motorcycle.

I've included a some pics of it at the end of this post.
Shows I'm a DIY-er and take pride in my particular Honda.

But...

It's time to get my one and final car.

Which I cannot afford, but a reasonably well-to-do cousin is willing to pay for it, full price paid upfront (so no financing necessary). He offered to pay for a 5 or so y.o. car. I have not yet asked him what his max budget or outlay is, but I'll know soon.

I'm such a fan of the 2013-2014 Civic that I'm willing to wait months to hit the jackpot.

So as the subject line states, which part of this forum would be the best for me to connect with either an ethical private seller or likewise dealer in my area? The Civic-specific forum or the marketplace ones? Or all of the above?

Pardon the scribblin' ramble, but just wanted to be precise on why I am here at this point.
Thanks.

~ PSK

RE: Pics below of the only Honda I own: I built trunk from scratch and 2 Samsonite thrift-store suitcases, and built mountings for high intensity LED amber truck-trailer lights front and back (back are moviing >>>> sequentials).RE:

Last two pics show how I load and unnload groceries and quality sucks, but shows the process I have to go through. I'm a good packer but it's time consuming (up to 15 or so minutes to load).

And I'm grateful I have any personal transportation at all.
BUT again...

It sure would be nice to have my dream Civic.
Just open the trunk, put food in, close. drive off. :)

OK, two years old pic since I'm now 63...

Loading at grocery store....

Packed and ready to leave...

Back home, time to off-load onto to DIY-ish dolly....

Last edited by Soniclight; 01-24-2018 at 12:10 PM.
Old 01-25-2018, 03:10 AM
Super Moderator

welcome to the forum. places i look for honda civic's or cars would be:- craigs list la, facebook if you have on account, If you use a used car dealer, remember, the used car dealer other than the honda dealership purchased the car because the car would not pass the ridged check list. so the dealership wholesale the car to the used car dealer. if you find a private party, you can ask what type of maintenance the car had, if they have the receipts to all the repairs, it may be a better car than one that has no maintenance program it was under. also after you decide you might want to purchase the car have a mechanic or someone certified to check the car out to look at it. there are places that you pay for the service and back up their work. good luck and take your time.