Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic... just about anything goes.

Mislead by dealership

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2018, 11:52 AM
Default Mislead by dealership

Hopefully this is in the right place

I recently leased a 2018 Honda CR-V in the ex trim level. While working out the details of the trim levels i asked the salesman what the differences were between the ex and ex-l trims. He said it was leather and 2 speakers. I later asked him to confirm this and he came back and said it also didn’t have the auto dim mirrors but that was the only thing he left out initially. When I picked it up 2 days later I noticed that there were a few more things that I wasn’t told about such as the memory seats and power tailgate. A friend said that I have 90 days by law (Ontario, Canada) to take it back and get the features I was told I would get at no extra charge or something like that. Does anybody know anything about this? Should I just suck it up because it really isn’t a huge deal?

Thanks for any advice/help

Old 10-10-2018, 12:13 PM
Super Moderator

welcome to the forum. if it is in writing in the contract, they have to deliver. if nothing written, nothing to gain but to ask nicely. also state what the sales person said and i know you wrote this in your notes, not from "I think he said she said"

Old 03-23-2021, 03:23 PM

Shove it up there Butts.

Old 03-24-2021, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by LIL G
Shove it up there Butts.
There is no need to be rude or crude.

Old 03-25-2021, 10:12 AM

Sorry about the slang ,about some ones posterior , I guess I got carried away. After more thought. ! confront the salesman, 2. Take it to the sales manager, 3. call Honda ,You are in a gray area , if no one will comply, Threaten to return for a full refund,and mention legal action, as a former car salesman, I think the latter will work ! They wont add the seats, and liftgate, so return the car and order a model that has the features that You want. Good Luck . G

Old 03-25-2021, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by Cygnusx2112
Hopefully this is in the right place

I recently leased a 2018 Honda CR-V in the ex trim level. While working out the details of the trim levels i asked the salesman what the differences were between the ex and ex-l trims. He said it was leather and 2 speakers. I later asked him to confirm this and he came back and said it also didn’t have the auto dim mirrors but that was the only thing he left out initially. When I picked it up 2 days later I noticed that there were a few more things that I wasn’t told about such as the memory seats and power tailgate. A friend said that I have 90 days by law (Ontario, Canada) to take it back and get the features I was told I would get at no extra charge or something like that. Does anybody know anything about this? Should I just suck it up because it really isn’t a huge deal?

Thanks for any advice/help
I’m really sorry you went through such an uncomfortable situation. There’s nothing worse than being misled by dealership, especially when it comes to the ex trim.