Pilot Forum This mid sized SUV offers the towing capacity of a small truck, with the interior room of an SUV.

2011 pilot brake lock

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2019, 02:53 PM
Default 2011 pilot brake lock

have a 2011 pilot - was driving home and hot brakes went to the floor. continued driving. Replaced Master cylinder - bleed at the master cylinder - drove no issues - went on the highway and brakes locked up. towed home - replaced front rotors and pads as they were shot from the brakes locking up. calipers were fine - good movement and had replaced driver front caliper 6 months previous (so don't feel that is th eissue) bled all brakes - till fluid was running solid - drove no problems - went on highway w/in 5 miles locked up again. took off master cylinder - ensured it was operating correctly (that was the only item touched to start) made sure seal between booster and master cylinder was seated properly. bled lines at cylinder again til solid. bled brakes at calipers - drove 40 minutes - reached 65 miles / hr - drove home and let sit - got back in drove and with 50 ft brake pedal was solid - brakes hadn't locked - wanted to get it home and half way there rakes locked up again.took to a mechanic and he didn't find anything wrong at first - said he would drive it - we told him to keep trying and eventually he experienced the stiff pedal and brakes locking up.

I just checked the check valve and it seemed mildly stuck when I first blew into it - will try to drive it when wife gets home but is there something else that would cause this? thanks just trying to prevent a mechanic from repeating and replacing parts (and sucking money out my wallet from trial and error) if there is a simple straight forward fix?

Old 06-01-2019, 09:42 PM

When brakes lock up, it is usually the master cylinder
When you replaced the MC, did you use new part and from Honda?
Only other thing is a bad brake booster

But, I am just another DIYer
So, not sure.

Old 06-02-2019, 12:27 AM
Super Moderator

welcome to the forum. check the brake switch adjustment rod.