Pilot Forum This mid sized SUV offers the towing capacity of a small truck, with the interior room of an SUV.

Key transmitter Fob not working (BOTH)

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2019, 10:45 PM
Default Key transmitter Fob not working (BOTH)

Hi all,
My key transmitter or fob recently stopped working so I replaced the battery and tried to reprogram it but it still did not work. So decided to try my other fob and same thing. I took to a mechanic friend of mine and he could not reprogram either keys. Any suggestions?
Im thinking maybe it's the key receiver?

Old 05-25-2019, 04:45 PM

Try this.

How to Program a Honda Remote Key FOB

Step 1

Enter the vehicle after making all doors are closed with the ignition key and remotes to be programmed available. Insert the key into the ignition and turn the key to the "on" position. Press and hold either the "lock" or "unlock" button on the remote for one second. Release the button on the remote and turn the key in the ignition to the "off" position. Repeat this process two additional times.

Step 2

Turn the key in the ignition to the "on" position. Press and hold the "lock" or "unlock" button on the remote for one second and wait for the door locks to lock and unlock automatically. The cycling of the door locks indicate the vehicle has entered remote programming mode. If the door locks do not cycle, repeat all previous steps to enter programming mode before proceeding.

Step 3

Press and hold the "lock" or "unlock" button on the remote for one second. Release the button and wait for the door locks to cycle automatically indicating the remote was programmed successfully. Repeat this process for additional remotes that need programming, including older remotes that worked previously.

Exit remote-programming mode by turning the key in the ignition to the "lock" position. Test each remote programmed by using it to lock and unlock the vehicle doors.

Tips

• Perform all steps within five seconds of the previous step to make sure the vehicle enters and remains in remote-programming mode.
  • Program all remotes to be used with the vehicle together, including reprogramming any existing remotes that functioned prior to entering remote-programming mode.

Warning

• The steps provided are general instructions for programming key fobs for most Honda vehicles. Some vehicles require that the key fobs be programmed by a Honda technician. If the steps provided do not work with your vehicle, consult a Honda dealership for remote programming.