The unofficial Honda Forum and Discussion Board Forums For Honda automobile and motorcycle enthusiasts.

The unofficial Honda Forum and Discussion Board Forums For Honda automobile and motorcycle enthusiasts. (https://hondaforum.com/forum/)
-   Pilot Forum (https://hondaforum.com/forum/pilot-forum-16/)
-   -   AC blowing hot air in '03 Pilot (https://hondaforum.com/forum/pilot-forum-16/ac-blowing-hot-air-03-pilot-12449/)

RDTP 02-07-2018 03:56 PM

AC blowing hot air in '03 Pilot

Hi, I'm new here, and I'm posting to see if anyone had any advice on fixing a 2003 Honda Pilot AC system. It started blowing hot air a few years ago, and we simply did the recharge, which worked great. We noticed a few months back that it was blowing warm air again, but when we checked the levels, it appeared to be at the proper level, so I fear there's a bigger leak at play. The compressor appears to be working normally. I was looking online and found a product called Red Angel, and was wondering if anyone had any experience with that working for them, of if anyone has solved this issue on their own some other way. Thanks for any help you can offer!

acmech52 02-10-2018 06:01 AM

welcome to the forum. check to see if the thermister is not damaged; also the dual switch for operations

jacobgary 02-19-2024 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by RDTP (Post 29695)
Hi, I'm new here, and I'm posting to see if anyone had any advice on fixing a 2003 Troubleshooting Pilot HVAC Issues. It started blowing hot air a few years ago, and we simply did the recharge, which worked great. We noticed a few months back that it was blowing warm air again, but when we checked the levels, it appeared to be at the proper level, so I fear there's a bigger leak at play. The compressor appears to be working normally. I was looking online and found a product called Red Angel, and was wondering if anyone had any experience with that working for them, of if anyone has solved this issue on their own some other way. Thanks for any help you can offer!

Hello. This is the second time its failed. It failed on Sunday, I called Service. It took them until Tuesday to respond. I drove the car the 50 miles to the service center. They reset the Pilot Panel and sent me home. Two days later it failed again leaving me without climate controls, nav, or any of the functions found on the panel. Car is underivable except for short trips. I'm close to invoking the Lemon Law. I'm beyond disappointed, love this car when its working, but its my only car and it can't be relied on. I'm having to cancel my Holiday trip (1500 miles).

grcauto 02-19-2024 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by jacobgary (Post 43997)
Hello. Who youis the second time its failed. It failed on Sunday, I called Service. It took them until Tuesday to respond. I drove the car the 50 miles to the service center. They reset the Pilot Panel and sent me home. Two days later it failed again leaving me without climate controls, nav, or any of the functions found on the panel. Car is underivable except for short trips. I'm close to invoking the Lemon Law. I'm beyond disappointed, love this car when its working, but its my only car and it can't be relied on. I'm having to cancel my Holiday trip (1500 miles).

Who you talking to. This is more than 5 years old.